1. A person sitting in a bus experiences a jerk, when the bus stops all of a sudden. This is due to
(a) Law of inertia
(b) Newton’s third law of motion
(c) Einstein’s law of relativity
(d) None of these
2. Sir J. C. Bose was a great scientist because he showed the
(a) Sensitivity in plants
(b) Pigments in plants
(c) Growth in plants
(d) Relations between plants and animals
3. Write the correct chronological order of the following events:
A. Shifting of capital from Delhi to Daulatabad
B. First Battle of Panipat
C. Second Battle of Tarain
(a) A, B, C
(b) C, A, B
(c) C, B, A
(d) A, C, B
4. What was the objectives of Home Rule Movement ?
(a) Selfgovernment at all levels
(b) Eradication of evils like Sati in the Indian community
(c) Participation in Indian National Movement
(d) Boycott of foreign goods
5. Triple Antigen does not immunise against
(d) Whooping cough
6. The major source of revenue for executing FiveYear
(a) Direct taxes
(b) Indirect taxes
(c) Foreign loans
(d) Interest on investments
7. Who had founded the Asiatic Society of Bengal in 1784 ?
(a) Lord Clive
(b) Lord Warren Hastings
(c) Queen Victoria
(d) William Jones
8. Assertion (A) and Reason (R)
Assertion (A) : The revolt of 1857 failed.
Reason (R) : It lacked adequate organisation and military power.
(a) Both A and R are correct but R is not the correct explanation of A.
(b) A is correct but R is incorrect
(c) A is incorrect but R is correct
(d) Both A and R are correct and R is correct explanation of A
9. Which is correct ?
(a) Lok Sabha cannot be dissolved before 5 years
(b) Rajya Sabha lasts only for 6 years
(c) Lok Sabha can be dissolved before 5 years
(d) Life of Lok Sabha can be extended indefinitely
10. Who had founded the Asiatic Society of Bengal in 1784?
(a) Queen Victoria
(b) Lord Warren Hasings
(c) Robert Charles
(d) None of the above