1. Which of the following pairs is correct ?
(a) Mahatma Gandhi—”Swaraj is my birth right”
(b) Jawaharlal Nehru—”Truth and nonviolence are my God”
(c) Sardar Patel—”Dilli Chalo”
(d) Subhash Chandra Bose—”Give me blood, I will give you freedom”
2. Which of the following can be regarded as the chief contribution of Buddhism to India ?
(a) Art and literature
(c) Ahimsa and selfpurification
3. Who among the following being a renowned poet was a good painter also ?
(a) Rabindra Nath Tagore
(b) Amrita Shergil
(c) A. N. Tagore
(d) S. N. Bannerjee
4. Which of the following Acts gave representation to Indians for the first time in legislatures ?
(a) The Indian Councils Act. 1909
(b) The Indian Councils Act, 1919
(c) The Government of India Act, 1935
(d) None of the above
5. Black hole is
(a) A magnetic dark cavity
(b) Name of a star
(c) A hole in the moon
(d) A dying star
6. Which of the following States produces maximum quantity of lignite ?
(c) Jammu & Kashmir
(d) Tamil Nadu
7. The Panchayati Raj was first introduced in the States of Rajasthan and
(a) Andhra Pradesh
8. Sex chromosomes transmit which of the following diseases ?
(b) Colour blindness
(d) Night blindness
9. Who among the following Governors General Introduced the
Dual System of Government ?
(a) Lord Wellesley
(b) Lord Canning
(c) Lord Clive
(d) Lord Rippon
10. In a Parliamentary System of Government
(a) The parliament is responsible to the executive
(b) The parliament is responsible to the judiciary
(c) The executive is responsible to the parliament
(d) The judiciary is responsible to the parliament