1. Who said first : “Swaraj is my birthright and I shall have it”.
(a) Bal Gangadhar Tilak
(b) M.K. Gandhi
(c) Lala Lajpat Rai
(d) Sardar Patel
2. “Gresham’s Law” in Economics relates to
(a) Supply and demand
(b) Circulation of currency
(c) Consumption and supply
(d) Distribution of goods and services
3. What is the most remarkable aspect of Indian industry since independence ?
(a) More employment opportunities
(b) Increase in production
(c) Capacity utilisation
4. What is Government’s trade policy ?
(a) Export promotion
(b) Import substitution
(c) Both of the above
5. Which are the two States next to U.P. having maximum representation in Lok Sabha ?
(a) Bihar and Maharashtra
(b) Bihar and Madhya Pradesh
(c) Madhya Pradesh and Tamil Nadu
(d) Madhya Pradesh and Maharashtra
6. The members of Constituent Assembly were
(a) Elected by the provincial assemblies
(b) Elected directly by the people
(c) Nominated by the government
(d) Only representatives of princely states
7. What is the power of Rajya Sabha regarding Money Bill ?
(a) It can amend it
(b) It can reject it
(c) It can withhold the bill for 14 days to make recommendations
(d) It has no power regarding Money Bill
8. The first Asian Games were held at
(a) New Delhi in 1950
(b) Bangkok in 1952
(c) Singapore in 1952
(d) Kuala Lumpur in 1952
9. The Constitution 44th Amendment (renumbered as 43rd Amendment)
(a) Ensures the right to property
(b) Ensures the press freedom
(c) Limits the powers of the Government to proclaim internal emergency
(d) Restores to the High Courts and to the Supreme Court their jurisdiction to consider the validity of any Central or State law.
10. Which of the following is contained in the Concurrent List ?