TNPSC: These section covered on Important Dames, Folk Dances, Classical Dances in India and Border line with other Countries. These are very useful for all competitive exams. All the best.
Important Dams in India
1. Tehri Dam: on Bhagirathi River, Uttarakhand
2. Lakhwar Dam on Yamuna river, Uttrakhand
3. Iduuki Arch Dam – on Periyar river, Kerala
4. Koyna Dam – on Koyana river, Maharshtra
5. Bhakra nangal Dam: on Sutlej River, Punjab and Himachal Pradesh.
6. Sardar Sarovar Dam: on Narmada River, Gujarat
7. Srisailam dam: on Narmada River, Andhra Pradesh
8. Ranjit Sagar Dam: on Rav river, Punjab
9. Baglihar Dam: on Chenab river , J& K
10. Cheruthoni (Eb) Dam: on Cheruthoni, Kerala
11. Hirakud Dam: on Mahanadi River, Orissa
12. Nagarjuna sagar Dam: on Krishna River, Andhra Pradesh
13. Indira SagarDam: on Narmada River, Madhya Pradesh
14. Ukai Dam: on Tapi river, Gujarat
15. Maithon Dam: on Barakar river, Jharkhand
16. Krishnarajsagar Dam: on kaveri river, Karnataka
17. Mettur Dam: on Kaveri River, Salem district in Tamil Nadu
18. Tunga Bhadra Dam – on Tungabhadra rive, Karnataka
Important Folk dances in India
1. Changu: Odissa and Andhra Pradesh
2. Gair: Rajasthan.
3. Garba, Dandiya Rass: Gujarat
4. Ghoomar: Rajasthan.
5. Karagam: Tamil Nadu.
6. Dumhal: Kashmir.
7. Lavani: Maharashtra
8. Odissi: Orissa
9. Rauf – Jammu & Kashmir
10. Nautanki, Thora, Chappeli, Raslila, Kajri - UP
Important Classical dances in India
1. Kathak: Uttar Pradesh.
2. Bihu: Assam
3. Bharat Natyam: Tamil Nadu
4. Kuchipudi: Andhra Pradesh.
5. Kathakali: Kerala.
6. Chhau: Orissa, Bihar and West Bengal
7. Bhangra: Punjab.
8. Khantumm – Mizoram
Important Lines b/w Different Countries in the World
1. Durand Line: Pakistan and Afghanistan
2. Mc. Mohan Line: India(Arunachal Pradesh Region) and China
3. Radcliff Line: India and Pakistan
4. Line of Control :It divides Kashmir between India and Pakistan.
5. Hidden berg Line: Germany and Poland
6. Maginot Line: France and Germany
7. Older Neisse Line: Germany and Poland
8. Mannerheim Line :Russia and Finland border
9. Siegfried Line : Germany and France.
10. 17th Parallel: North Vietnam and South Vietnam
11. 24th Parallel : India and Pakistan.
12. 26th Parallel : Australia & South Africa
13. 38th Parallel: North Korea and South Korea
14. 49th Parallel: Canada and USA