Location / Dimenstion and Frontiers
- India is the Seventh Largest Country in the Worlds
- Area Accounting for about 2.4% of total World
- The 2nd Ranks of the world population
- It lies in the Northern Hemisphere between Parellels of latitude
- It between meridians of Longitude
- India is part of hte Asian Continent
- India can be divided into 6 zones - North, South, East, West, Central and North East Zone
- Inda has 29 States and 7 Union Territories
- Delhi is Head Quarters of India
India - Dimenstions
- Total Geography Land Area - 32,87,263 km
- Distance from North to South - 3214 km
- Distance from east to west - 2933 km
- Length of Coastline - 7516.6 km
- Lenth of Land Frontier - 15,200 km
- Percentage of Earth's surface Covered by India - 2.4%
- Percentage of World's Population living in India - 17.5%
India - Frontier
- The Himalayan Range, China (Border length - 4057 km)
- Bhutan (Border length - 699 km)
- Nepal (Border length - 1751 km ) Separate from Tibet
- The Siliguri Corridor, Sanwitched between the borders of Bhutan, Neepal and Banglades, Connects mainland India with the North-castern state.
- The boundary line between India and China is called the McMahon line.
- The Chin hills and Kachin Hills, deeply forested mountains, Separate India from Myanmar or Burma to the far North-east.
- Bengladesh is separated from India (Border length - 4096 km) by watershed region of the Indo-Gangetic plan, the Khasi hills and Mizo hills
- Pakistan, lies in the Punjab plain and the Thar Desert (Border lenght - 3323 km) and Afghanistan lies on the North-west (Border length - 106 km)
- Indian ocean and Sri Lanka, Gulf of Mannar and Palk Straits separates India from Sri Lanka
International Bountaries Touching Indian States
- China - (5 States) Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Sikkim and Arunachal Prades
- Nepal - (5 states) Bihar, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Sikkim and West Bengal.
- Bangladesh - (5 States) West Bengal, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Tripura and Assam.
- Pakistan - (4 States) Jammu and Kashmir, Punjab, Rajanthan and Gujarat.
- Myanmar - (4 states) Arunachal Prades, Nagaland, Manipur and Mizoram.
- Bhutan - (4 States) West Bengal, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh and Assam)
- Afghanistan - (1 State) Jammu and Kashmir - Pakistan occupied area.