Social Transformation in Tamil Nadu
- Justice Party Officially known as South Indian Liberal Federation.
- Justice party involed in petitioning to the imperial administrative bodies demanding more representation for non-Brahmins administration.
- Justice party was published Dravidian in Tamil, Andhra Prakasika in Telugu and Justice in English.
- Justice party formed the Ministry head of Subbarayalu Reddiar in the election of 1920. Thend formed 1923.
- Swarajya Party was success in the Election of 1926 but not formed ministry.
- Justice party formed ministry in 1930
- Congress party won in the election of 1934 and not formed ministry.
- Justice party came under the leadership of Periyar E.V Ramamasamy and his self-respect movement.
- In 1944 at Salem conference Justice Party name was changed Dravidar Kazhagam.
Achievement of the Justice Party
- The communal G.O's of 1921 and 1922 provided reservation of appointments in local bodies and educational Institutions for Non-Brahmins.
- In 1921 Women were granted the right to vote, abolished Devasai system, prevented immoral traffic of Women and passed Industries Act.
- Government created a Staff Selection Board in 1924 and it became the Public Service Commission in 1929. Now it is TNPSC (Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission).
- In 1925 Andhra University was Opened
- In 1929 Annamalai University was Opened
- Introducing mid-day meals schemes at Thousand lights Thiyagaraya Chettiar Strenghened the School.
- In 1926 the Hindu Religous Endownment bill was passed
- E.V.Ramasamy Periyar was the Greatest Social reformers of Tamil Nadu.
- Periyar was born on 17th Septemeber, 1879 in Erode.
- Periyar Joined in Congress party in 1919, he was elected as the Secretary of Madras State Congress Committee in 1921 and its President in 1923.
- Periyar was famous Vaikam Sathya Graha in 1924. Periyar was given the titleof "Vaikam Hero"
- Periyar visited a school on Gurukulam style run at Sheramandevi of of Congress funds.
- Periyar left the Kanchipuram Congress conference and started in Self Respect Movement in 1925.
- Periyar published Kudiarasu, Puratchi and Viduthalai.
- Periyar was given the title of ' Periyar' by Ladies Conference held at Madras.
- C.N.Annadurai was born on 15th September, 1909 at Kancheepuram.
- Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam was formed on 17th Septemeber 1949.
- In the election of 1967, his Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam party got victory and Anna became the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu.
- Introduced the Scheme of 1kg rise for Rs.1/-
- Introduced Tamil Language Devlopement Scheme.
- In 1967, Anna was announced, the first day of Chittirai as Tamil New year day.
- Anna Changed the official name of the state form ' Madras' to 'Tamilzhaga Arasu' or 'Tamizhagam'.
- On 16th April in the Secretariat in Fort St.George. the Chief Minister Anna ceremoniously switched on neon light in the form of State Emplem - a Temble Gopuram above the words ' Tamilzhaga Arasu Talaimai Cheyalagam.
- At the same day he announced that the national motto ' Satyameva Jayate' would henceforth appear as ' Vaimaye Vellum and that Sanskrit form of address Sri/Srimath/Kumari would replace the Tamil Forms of Thiru/Thirumathi/Selvi