- Dr.Muthulakshmi Reddy was born on 30th July, 1886 in Pudukottai and She was passed away in 1968 at the age of 82.
- One of the important leaders who fought vigorously against 'Devadasi System'
- She was started cancer Relief Hospital in 1949. The cancer institute at Adyar was started due to her good efforts.
- Our first Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru laid the foundation that cancer Institute at Adyar
- In 1923 she was nominated to the Tamil Nadu Legislative Council.
- Dr.Muthulakshmi Reddy was organised All India Women Conference at Pune.
- Dr.Muthulakshmi Reddy was President of Indian women Association from 1933 to 1947.
- Dr.Muthulakshmi Reddy was started "Avvai Illam" an orphanage at Santhome at Madras ( Now in Adyar)
- Dr.S.Dharmambal was born at karun Thattankudi near Thanjavur
- Dr.S.Dharmambal started an agitation called 'Elavu Varam' for that reason like Till 1940 the Tamil teacher had no due reconition in the society, they were not paid equal salary like other teachers.
- 'Chennai Manavar Mandram' was established. She was the president of this association for more than 10 years.
- Dr.S.Dharmambal was conferred the title of " Veera Tamilannai"
- Dr.S.Dharmambal gave the title " Periyar " to E.V.Ramasamy Naicker
- Dr.S.Dharmambal gave the title " Eallisai Mannar " to M.K.Thiyagaraja Bagavathar.
Moovalur Ramamirtham Ammai
- Moovalur Ramamirtham was born in 1883 in Thiruvarur but was brough up in Moovalur, a village near Mayiladudurai.