TNPSC Master publishes relevant fact based Current Affairs almost daily basis. In this current affairs helps you and useful for General Awareness part of TNPSC, UPSC, SSC IBPS Banking and other State Public Service Commission examination. TNPSC Master is a compilation of recent current events. In This section is updated almost daily events, Innovation, Achievement, Awards and New Appointments etc.
Following Current Affairs Covering news of States National, International, Business and Sports.
Today is International Anti-Corruption Day
- Today is International Anti-Corruption Day. Theme for this year is United against corruption for development, peace and security. UN Secretary General, Ban Ki-moon in his message has said, on International Anti-corruption Day, let us reaffirm our commitment to ending the deceit and dishonesty that threaten the 2030 Agenda and our efforts to achieve peace and prosperity for all on a healthy planet. On 31 October in 2003, the UN General Assembly adopted the United Nations Convention against Corruption. The Assembly also designated 9 December as International Anti-Corruption Day, to raise awareness of corruption and of the role of the Convention in combating and preventing it. The Convention entered into force in December 2005.
J&K: Indian Army launches Swacch Bharat Abhiyan
- In Jammu and Kashmir, Indian Army is sending the Message of Cleanliness and Swatchta to the nation from the frontiers of Kargil. Indian Army in collaboration with Degree College Kargil and ITI Kargil launched a Swatch Bharat Abhiyan in the Campuses of Degree College and ITI. The Abhiyan was launched by DFO Kargil Khalid Amin Mehta while sweeping the premises along with the Staff of Degree College and ITI and the Students.
International film festival of Kerala begins
- International film festival of Kerala begins today in the capital city Thiruvananthapuram. 185 films from 62 countries will attract cinema lovers during the 8 day-ong annual film festival of this State.There will be 490 screenings in the 13 theatres in Thiruvananthapuram. The film festival was started in 1996 and is hosted by Kerala State Chalachitra Academy.
Nepalese Supreme Court summons PM, Speaker over amendment bill
- Nepalese Supreme Court has summoned Prime Minister Prachanda and Speaker Onsari Gharti Magar and asked them to furnish written clarifications within a week informing the rationale behind the registration of Constitution amendment bill to address Madhesis' deamands
Powerful earthquake rocks Solomon Islands
- A powerful 7(point)8 magnitude earthquake struck off the Solomon Islands early today, however there were no immediate reports of casualties. The tsunami alert has been lifted. Solomon Islands National Disaster Management Office director Loti Yates said he received reports of collapsed buildings on Malaita, an island near the epicentre of the massive undersea earthquake, which had initially prompted a tsunami watch as far afield as Hawaii.
South Korea: President Park Geun-hye faces impeachment vote
- South Korea's embattled President Park Geun-hye is facing impeachment, with lawmakers due to vote today on dismissing her from office. Ms Park is embroiled in a political scandal that has sparked massive protests and calls for her resignation.
Astronaut John Glenn, the 1st American to Orbit Earth, dies at 95
- Former US astronaut John Glenn, the first American to orbit Earth, has died at 95. The ex-Marine and Senator had been in hospital in Columbus, Ohio, for more than a week. Glenn is best known for circling the earth in 1962 aboard the Friendship 7 space capsule. His achievement marked the moment the US caught up with the Soviet Union in manned space exploration. After returning to Earth, Glenn was elected in 1974 as a Democrat to the US Senate, where he served for 24 years.
NABARD to provide two PoS devices in villages of 10,000 population
- National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development has announced that it will provide two Point of Sale (PoS) devices in villages having population of 10,000. In a statement, NABARD Chairman Harsh Kumar Bhanwala said that over one lakh villages in tier 5 and 6 areas have been selected for the purpose. Mr. Bhanwala said the project likely to cost about 120 crore rupees will encourage people in rural areas to move towards digital transactions.
Taxation Laws Bill, 2016 to be tabled in Rajya Sabha today (09.12.2016)
- The Taxation Laws (Second Amendment) Bill, 2016 will come up for consideration and passage in Rajya Sabha today. The Bill, seeking to amend Income-tax Act, 1961 and the Finance Act, 2016 has been passed by the Lok Sabha.
President to present Shilp Guru Awards, National Awards for 2015
- President Pranab Mukherjee will present the Shilp Guru Awards and National Awards for the year 2015 at Rastrapati Bhavan today. The Union Textiles Minister Smriti Zubin Irani and MoS Ajay Tamta would also be present on the occasion. The Shilp Guru Awards were launched by the Development Commissioner (Handicrafts) on 2002, to celebrate the Golden Jubilee of the resurgence of Handicrafts in India. Since 2002, 117 artisans responsible for maintaining craft traditions have been selected for the award.
Closely working with Mongolia to implement $1bn credit line: India
- India has said that it is closely working with the Mongolian government to implement the USD one billion credit line to help it to meet current difficult budgetary situation arising out of various factors including the recent imposition of border tariffs against it by China.External Affairs Ministry Spokesperson Vikas Swarup said that as a close friend of Mongolia, which regards India as its 'third neighbour' and 'spiritual neighbour', we are ready to work with Mongolian people in this time of their difficulty. He referred to credit line of USD one billion announced during the visit of the Prime Minister in 2015.
India-UK Conference on Ease of Doing Business inaugurated in Delhi
- The India-UK Conference on Ease of Doing Business has been jointly inaugurated yesterday by Secretary, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Ramesh Abhishek and British High Commissioner Dominic Asquith in New Delhi. The two day conference will act as an opportunity to enhance the strategic bilateral partnership between the two countries to the next level.
China likely to import more food grains as output declines
- China is likely to import more grains after its output this year fell by about 5 point 2 million tonnes compared with last year as the planting area shrank and per unit yield also decreased, according to official data.National grain output stood at about 616 million tonnes in 2016, down by about 5.2 million tonnes, about 0.8 per cent, compared with last year, a data by the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) said.
RBI asks banks to upload KYC with central registry from Jan 1
- Reserve Bank has directed all Scheduled Commercial Banks (SCBs) to upload the Know Your Customer or KYC data pertaining to new individual accounts opened on or after January 1, with Central KYC Records Registry. Besides, it has been decided to allow One Time Pin (OTP) based e-KYC subject to certain restrictions.
MCC World Cricket Committee recommends law changing thickness of edge of depth of bat
- The MCC World Cricket Committee which met in Mumbai over past two days came out with some game-changing recommendations. These recommendations will be put forth to the main committee of the MCC for approval before they become Laws of the game. Some of the key points discussed during the meeting, was regulating bat-thickness and edge-thickness, sending off and ball-tampering law not to be changed among others. On thickness of edge and bat, the proposal put forth is to fix an upper limit to the thickness of the edge to 40mm and the depth or spine of the bat 67mm.
1st elite men's senior national boxing tournament begins in Guwahati
- In Assam, the first elite men's senior national boxing tournament has begun at Guwahati. Assam Chief Minister Sarbanand Sonowal has inaugurated it in presence of Assam Sports minister Naba Doley. The General Secretary of the Assam Amateur Boxing Association said that around 350 players have participated and would be competing in 10 weight categories. The sporting tournament will conclude on 13th of this month.
Courtesy & Source: AIR News