1 Which former Prime Minister of India was also called ‘Yuva Turk’ ?
(A) Rajiv Gandhi
(C) H.D.Deve Gowda
2. Which mineral is used to make the Plaster of Paris ?
3. Which is the most spoken language in the world ?
4. Which planet in the Solar System is named after the Roman god of agriculture and harvest ?
5. From the Constitution of which country was the concept of the Fundamental Rights in the Indian Constitution borrowed ?
(B) South Africa
(C) United Kingdom
(D) United States of America
6. To which ocean does Panama Canal connect the Pacific Ocean ?
(A) Arctic Ocean
(B) Antarctic Ocean
(C) Atlantic Ocean
(D) Indian Ocean
7. By what name is Krishna Dvaipayana, author of the epic Mahabharat, better known ?
(A) Ved Vyas
8. In which city is the Central Potato Research Institute (CPRI) located ?
9. ‘Bhutia’, ‘Kathiawadi’, ‘Marwari’, ‘Manipuri’, ‘Spiti’ and ‘Zanskari’ are the Indian breeds of which animal ?
10. Who introduced the word ‘Robot’, for artificial workers, in his science fiction play R.U.R. in 1921 ?
(A) George Orwell
(B) Karel Capek
(C) Daniel Defoe
(D) Rudyard Kipling
11. In the most popular internet domain name ‘.com’ (dot-com), the ‘com’ is the short form for which word ?
12. Deficiency of which vitamin leads to ‘Rickets’ (softening of bones) ?
(A) Vitamin A
(B) Vitamin B
(C) Vitamin C
(D) Vitamin D
13. Which freedom fighter was popularly known as the ‘Grand Old Man of India’ ?
(A) Bal Gangadhar Tilak
(B) Chittaranjan Das
(C) Dadabhai Naoroji
14. Which Indian state has the longest coastline ?
(C) Tamil Nadu
(D) Andhra Pradesh
15. Naxalbari village, the birth place of Naxalite Movement, is located in which state ?
(C) West Bengal
16. ‘Roopavahini’ is the National Television Network of which Asian country ?
(B) Sri Lanka
17. On 17 Dec 1931, who founded the Indian Statistical Institute (ISI) in Kolkata ?
(B) Homi Bhabha
(D) Vikram Sarabhai
18. Named after Libyan leader Muammar al-Gaddafi, famous Test cricket ground Gaddafi Stadium is located in which city ?
(A) Hyderabad (India)
(B) Dhaka (Bangladesh)
(C) Colombo (Sri Lanka)
(D) Lahore (Pakistan)
19. Which mythological weapon is depicted on the Param Vir Chakra medal ?
(C) Sudarshan Chakra
20. Hydrogen and Carbon monoxide are the major constituents of which fuel gas ?
(A) Coal Gas
(B) Water Gas
(C) Compressed Natural Gas (CNG)
(D) Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG)