1. Which of the following group contain only bio-degradable items?
a. Grass, flowers and leaves
b. Grass, wood and plastic
c. Fruit peels, cake and plastic
d. Cake, wood and glass
Answer: a. Grass, flowers and leaves
2. Which of the following constitutes a food chain?
a. Grass, Wheat and mango
b. Grass, goat and human
c. Goat, cow and elephant
d. Grass, fish and goat
Answer: b. Grass, goat and human
3. Which of the following are environment friendly practices?
a. carrying cloth bags for shopping
b. switching off light and fans when not in use
c. using public transport
d. all the above
Answer: d. All the above
4. What is called as ‘black gold’?
Answer: c. Petroleum
5. Based on the food chain, pick the odd one out:
Plants→ grasshopper→ frog→ tiger → snake
6. Example for product of green chemistry is ________
c. bio plastics
d. halogen flame retardants
Answer: c. Bio plastics
7. ________ is a green house gas which causes climate change and global warming.
d. carbon dioxide
Answer: d. Carbon dioxide
8. The ________ form decomposers in the pond ecosystem.
Answer: b. bacteria
9. ________ is used in seeding clouds.
a. potassium iodide
b. calcium carbonate
d. ammonium phosphate
Answer: a. Potassium iodide
10. An example for fossil fuel is __________
Answer: d. Coal
11. Ari pollution is caused by transport exhaust fumes and emission of gases like SO₂, CO₂, NO₂ from industries. Similarly, water pollution is caused by ________.
b. crop cultivation
d. soil erosion
Answer: a. sewage
12. If wild animals are killed, what difficulty would we face?
a. imbalance in nature
b. decrease in fog rain
c. decrease in population
d. increase in rain
Answer: a. imbalance in nature
13. Water is an essential commodity for survival. What can we do to help increase water resources?
b. reducing the use of vehicle
c. The burning of the wastage
Answer: d. Afforestation
14. The tiger and the lion are carnivores. Likewise the elephant and the bison are ________.
15. Assertion (A): Coal and petroleum are called fossil fuels.
Assertion (R): Fossil fuels are formed from the remains of dead organisms after millions of years.
a. Both ‘A’ and ‘R’ are true and ‘R’ explains ‘A’.
b. Both ‘A’ and ‘R’ are true and but ‘R’ doesn’t explain ‘A’
c. Only ‘A’ is true but ‘R’ is false.
d. ‘A’ is false but ‘R’ is true.
Answer: a. Both ‘A’ and ‘R’ are true and ‘R’ explains ‘A’.
Reason : Coal and Petroleum are fossil fuels and these are formed from the remains of dead organisms after millions of years.
16. Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) is considered a better fuel than coal / petroleum, because ________.
Answer: It does not pollute the environment.
17. Now - a – days water bottles and lunch boxes are made from agricultural products like fruit pulp. These are called ________.
Answer: products produced by Green chemistry