TNPSC Group 2 A - General Studies Model Questions ( MCQ ) Free Download: This section covered all area of General Knowledge Questions & Answers ( Objective Type) of various subjects. These area are very useful for preparing TNPSC / UPSC / SSC-CGL / RRB / TET/ CTET / IBPS and State Level Service Examinations.
1. With reference to India, consider the following central acts :
1. Import and export (control) act, 1947.
2. Mining, and mineral development (regulation) act, 1957.
3. Customs act, 1962.
4. Indian forest act, 1927.
Which of the above acts have relevance to/bearing on the biodiversity conservation in the country ?
(a) 1 and 3 only.
(b) 2,3 and 4 only.
(c) 1,2,3 and 4.
(d) None of the above acts
2. The lowering of bank rate by the reserve bank of India leads to ?
(a) More liquidity in the market.
(b) Less liquidity in the market.
(c) No change in the liquidity in the market.
(d) Mobilization of more deposits by commercial banks.
3. In India, which of the following have the highest share in the disbursement of credit to agriculture and allied activities ?
(a) Commercial banks.
(b) Cooperative banks.
(c) Regional rural banks
(d) Microfinance institutions
4. The Jain philosophy holds that the world is created and maintained by ?
(a) Universal law.
(b) Universal truth.
(c) Universal faith.
(d) Universal soul.
5. The 2004 Tsunami made people realize that mangroves can serve as a reliable safety hedge against coastal calamities. How do mangroves function as a safety hedge ?
(a) The mangrove swamps separate the human settlements from the sea by a wide zone in which people neither live nor venture out.
(b) The mangroves provide both food and medicines which people are in need of after any natural disaster.
(c) The mangrove trees are tall with dense canopies and serve as an excellent shelter during a cyclone or Tsunami.
(d) The mangrove trees do not get uprooted by storms and tides because of their extensive roots.
6. What was the reason for mahatma Gandhi to organize a satyagraha on behalf of the peasants off Kheda ?
1. The administration did not suspend the land revenue collection in spite of a drought.
2. The administration proposed to introduce permanent settlement in Gujarat.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct ?
(a) 1 only.
(b) 2 only.
(c) Both 1 and 2.
(d) Neither 1 nor 2.
7. Which one of the following observation is not true about the quit India movement of 1942 ?
(a) It was a nonviolent movement.
(b) It was led by mahatma Gandhi.
(c) It was a spontaneous movements.
(d) It did not attract the labour class in general
8. For the Karachi session of Indian National Congress in 1931, presided over by Sardar Patel, who drafted the Resolution on Fundamental Rights and Economic Programme?
(a) Mahatma Gandhi
(b) Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru
(c) Dr. Rajendra Prasad
(d) Dr. B. R. Ambedkar
9. Who among the following were official Congress negotiators with Cripps Mission?
(a) Mahatma Gandhi and Sardar Patel
(b) Acharya J. B. Kripalani and C. Rajagopalachari
(c) Pandit Nehru and Maulana Azad
(d) Dr. Rajendra Prasad and Rafi Ahmed Kidwai
10. From the point of view of evolution of living organisms, which one of the following is the correct sequence of evolution?
(a) Otter - Tortoise - Shark
(b) Shark - Tortoise - Otter
(c) Tortoise - Shark - Otter
(d) Shark - Otter - Tortoise