1. Which one of the following gives the correct sequence of places going from the east to the west of India?
(a) Sikhar, Tinsukhia, lndore, Vadodara
(b) Tinsukhia, Phulpur, Udaipur, Kota
(c) Jorhat, Bhopal, Ahmedabad, Rajkot
(d) Guwahati, Silchar, Bhopal, Rajkot
2. Which one of the following shows the correct sequence of occurrence of the following towns/cities as one proceeds from west to east?
(a) Ajmer, Darbhanga, Kohima, Sikhar
(b) Surat, Ward ha, Rourkela, Bharuch
(c) Pandharpur, Gulbarga, Kottagudem, Vishakhapatnam
(d) Anand, Rajkot, Dhanbad, Aizawl
3. Which states of India have a common border with Pakistan?
1. Jammu and Kashmir
2. Himachal Pradesh
(a) I, II, III, V
(b) I, II, III, IV
(c) I, III, IV
(d) I, III, IV, V
4. Which State has the largest coastline in India?
(b) Tamil Nadu
(d) Andhra Pradesh
5. The Karakoram Highway connects which of the following pairs of countries?
6. Which of the following latitudes passes through India?
(b) Arctic Circle
(c) Tropic of Capricorn
(d) Tropic of Cancer
7. Which one of the following countries has the longest international boundary with India?
8. India is the seventh largest country in the world and it covers a total area of approximately _________
(a) 2700000 sq. km
(b) 3000000 sq. km
(c) 3200000 sq. km
(d) 3600000 sq. km
9. Consider the following statements:
1. The continental shelves of Lakshadweep are originated due to coral reefs.
2. The continental shelves of western coast are due to faulting and submergence.
Which of the statement(s) given above is/are correct? [IAS 2009]
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 only
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither 1 nor 2
10. Which of the following is the correct chronological order of the formation of the following states in India?
4. Arunachal Pradesh
(a) 3, 1, 2, 4
(b) 1, 2, 3, 4
(c) 1, 2, 4, 3
(d) 1, 4, 2, 3
11. The largest southernmost single island in India is _________
(a) Rameswaram Island
(b) Minicoy Island
(c) Car Nicobar Island
(d) Great Nicobar Island
12. "This Union Territory possesses a coastal stretch of about 45 km with 28 marine fishing villages. However 45% of the population is engaged in agriculture and allied products".
Which among the Territories is referred passage?
(c) Andaman and Nicobar
13. Which one of the following does NOT lie in Maharashtra?
(a) Balaghat Range
(b) Harishchandra Range
(c) Mandav Hills
(d) Satmala Hills
14. The Tropic of Cancer passes through the States of ________
(a) 1, 2 and 4
(b) 1 and 2
(c) 1, 3 and 4
(d) 1, 2, 3 and 4
15. Which of the following sets of cities is located on the reference longitude for Indian standard time?
16. Arrange the following hills of southern India from north to south:
Select the correct answer using the code given below.
17. Amritsar and Shimla are almost on the same latitude, but their climate difference is due to _________
(a) the difference in their altitudes
(b) their distance from sea
(c) snowfall in Shimla
(d) pollution in Amritsar
18. The length of India's coastline is about _________
(a) 5900 km
(b) 6100 km
(c) 7000 km
(d) 7500 km
19. Which state among the following has the highest percentage of the Scheduled Caste population of State's population?
(b) Madhya Pradesh
(d) Uttar Pradesh
20. The Tropic of Cancer does not pass through:
(a) Madhya Pradesh
(b) West Bengal