(a) Kashmir and Tibet
(b) Nepal and Tibet
(c) Leh and Kargil
(d) Leh and Srinagar
2. Which of the following passes and locations is/are wrongly matched?
1. Zojila and Burzil - Jammu & Kashmir
2. Bara Lapcha La and Shipki La - Uttar Pradesh
3. Thaga La, Niti Pass and Lipu Lekh - Himachal Pradesh
4. Nathu La and Jelep La - Sikkim
(a) 1 and 2
(b) 2 and 3
(c) 3 and 4
(d) 1, 2 and 3
3. The transport route connecting the Kashmir from Leh crosses the high mountain ranges at the ______
(a) Pir Panjal pass
(b) Karakoram pass
(c) Banihal pass
(d) Zoji La pass
4. Which one of the following mountains is not the part of Eastern Ghats?
(a) Sheravoy hills
(b) Javadi hills
(c) Nallamala hills
(d) Elamalai hills
5. The mountain range which stretches from Gujarat in west to Delhi in the north is the ________
(d) Kaimur range
6. The Himalayas are formed of parallel fold ranges of which the oldest range is ________
(a) the Siwalik Range
(b) the Lesser Himalayas
(c) the Great Himalayan Range
(d) the Dhaula Dhar Range
7. Maharashtrian Plateau is made up of ________
(a) alluvial soil
(b) coral reef
8. The highest peak in South India is ________
(a) Doda Betta
(d) None of these
9. Aravalli ranges are an example of ________
(a) straight mountains
(b) block mountains
(c) residual mountains
(d) volcanic mountains
10. Kodaikanal, the famous hill-station of South India, is situated on ________
(a) Palni hills
(b) Anaimalai mountain
(c) Nilgiri mountain
(d) Cardamon hills
11. Which one of the following statements is NOT correct?
(a) Black cotton soil of north-west India was formed by the weathering of basaltic lavarocks
(b) Sedimentary rocks are distinguished from other types of rocks by the presence of distinct layers
(c) Granite has large crystals of quartz, feldspar and mica in it
(d) A metamorphic rock is softer and less compact than its original type
12. Which of the following relates to the formation of the Himalayas?
(a) Folding of the earth's crust
(b) Accumulation of loess deposits
(c) Folding of the geosyncline
(d) Faulting of the earth's crust
13. Which one of the following is most prone to earthquakes?
(a) Coastal plains
(b) Old shields
(d) Young folded mountains
14. The correct sequence of the different sections of the Himalayas in terms of their stretch (in kilometre) in the descending order is ________
(a) Punjab Him., Kumaon Him., Nepal Him., Assam Him.
(b) Nepal Him., Assam Him., Punjab Him., Kumaon Him.
(c) Kumaon, Hlm., Nepal Him., Assam Him., Punjab Him.
(d) Nepal Him., Assam Him., Kumaon Him., Punjab Him.
15. The Vindhyas belong to which class of mountains?
(a) Block mountains
(b) Fold mountains
(c) Volcanic mountains
(d) Residual mountains
16. Which of the following mountain passes lies outside India ?
(c) Bara Lacha La
17. The highest mountain peak in India is ________
(b) Mount Everest
(d) Nanda Devi
18. Which one of the following is the correct sequence of the age of formation-from the youngest to the oldest-of the given mountain ranges?
(a) Himalayas, Vindhyas, Western Ghats, Deccan Traps
(b) Deccan Traps, Western Ghats, Vindhyas, Himalayas
(c) Himalayas, Western Ghats, Vindhayas, Deccan Traps
(d) Vindhyas, Himalayas, Deccan Traps, Western Ghats
19. Arakan Yoma is the extension of the Himalayas located in ________
20. Match the following: ________
A. Pir Panjal 1. Arunachal Pradesh
B. Dhauladhar 2. Uttaranchal
C. Nag Tibba 3. Jammu and Kashmir
D. Mishimi Hills 4. Himachal Pradesh
A B C D
(a) 4 3 1 2
(b) 3 4 2 1
(c) 3 4 1 2
(d) 4 3 2 1