TNPSC Master publishes relevant fact based Current Affairs almost daily basis. In this current affairs helps you and useful for General Awareness part of TNPSC, UPSC, SSC IBPS Banking and other State Public Service Commission examination. This section is updated almost daily events, Innovation, Achievement, Awards and New Appointments etc.
TNPSC Current Affairs Today (English) Date: 19.05.2017:
- NGT bans open defecation, waste dumping on Yamuna floodplains: The National Green Tribunal NGT today banned open defecation and dumping of waste on the floodplains of the Yamuna and announced an environment compensation of Rs 5,000 for those who violated the diktat.
- Govt to provide every citizen affordable electricity by 2022: Piyush Goyal: Releasing a booklet on rural electrification status, Mr Goyal said the government has expedited process of rural electrification and committed to provide electricity in rural parts of the country and to provide every citizen affordable, adequate electricity by 2022
- Indian Army gets M777 howitzers 30 years after Bofors scandal:This is a part of an order for 145 long-range guns which will be mostly deployed on borders. The M-777 A-2 ultra-light howitzers, ULH, having a maximum range of 30 km were being taken to Pokhran firing range in Rajasthan for test firing.
- PM Modi to share his thoughts in 'Mann Ki Baat' programme on May 28: Prime Minister Narendra Modi will speak to listeners of AIR in the next edition of Mann Ki Baat programme on 28th May, 2017
- India registers Foreign Direct Investment Inflows: India registered FDI inflow of 60.08 billion dollars in 2016-17 scaling a higher peak due to bold policy reforms carried out by government. The scale of reforms can be gauged from the fact that during the last three years, 21 sectors covering 87 areas of FDI policy have undergone reforms. The FDI inflows were 55.6 billion dollar for the year ending March, 2016.
- Haryana launches e-textbook portal for school students: Students can now download school books instantly from the e-textbook portal of the Haryana School Education Board which was launched on 19.05.2017
- China, ASEAN agree on framework for South China Sea code of conduct: China and Southeast Asian countries have agreed to a draft framework for a long-mooted code of conduct for the disputed South China Sea.
- Ferry service opens between North Korea and Russia: North Korea and Russia have started passenger ferry service aiming to develop links and boost economic cooperation despite United Nations sanctions.
- Longest Parliament session prorogued after 381 days in Nepal: The longest session of Nepal Parliament has been prorogued after 381 days. Speaker Onsari Gharti announced in the house yesterday that President Bidya Devi Bhandari has prorogued the current session of the Parliament on the recommendation of the government. This was the longest session in Nepal’s parliamentary history. The session was commenced on May 3 last year.
- Scientists discover human antibodies to fight Ebola virus: US Scientists have discovered a possible cure for all five known Ebola viruses, one of which ravaged West Africa in recent years. The so-called broadly neutralizing antibodies were discovered in the blood of a survivor of the West African epidemic. Kartik Chandran, a Professor in the Department of Microbiology and Immunology at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in Bronx, New York, helped identify the antibodies.
- India retain top position in latest ICC Test rankings: India have retained its top position in the latest ICC Test rankings, released on 19.05.2017. With 123 points, Kohli led side is six points ahead over the second placed South Africa.
Courtesy: AIR News