261.The Second World War ended in _________ with the defeat of Nazi Germany.
a) 1915 b) 1925 c) 1935 d) 1945
262. In the _________ Agreement of 2 August 1945, the four victorious allies – the USA, Soviet Union, England and France – decided to divide Germany up into four occupied zones.
a) Potsdam b) Luxembourg c) Belgium d) Thailand
263. The Berlin Wall fell in November _________
a) 1949 b) 1959 c) 1969 d) 1989
264. Germany was reunified on 3 October _________
a) 1940 b) 1950 c) 1960 d) 1990
265. Under the guidance of Soviet Russia, a founding meeting of the Chinese Communist party (CCP) was held in _________ in July 1921.
a) Luxembourg b) Shanghai c) Thailand d) Hunan
266. On October 1, _________ Chinese Communist leader Mao Zedong declared the creation of the People's Republic of China (PRC).
a) 1939 b) 1949 c) 1953 d) 1956
267. The North Atlantic Treaty Organization was created in _________ by the United States, Canada, and several Western European nations to provide collective security against the Soviet Union.
a) 1939 b) 1949 c) 1951 d) 1959
268. South East Asia Treaty Organization (SEATO) was formed in _________
a)1944 b)1954 c)1957 d)1959
269. Which was the Headquarters of SEATO?
a) Czechoslovakia b) Bangkok c) Jerusalem d) Malaysia
270. SEATO was formally disbanded in _________
a) 1967 b) 1977 c) 1979 d) 1987
271. The Warsaw Treaty Organization (also known as the Warsaw Pact) was a political and military alliance established on May 14, 1955 between the _________ and several Eastern European countries.
a) Soviet Union b) Jerusalem c) Malaysia d)America
272. The Warsaw Pact officially disbanded in March and July of _________ following the dissolution of the Soviet Union.
a) 1931 b) 1941 c) 1991 d) 1992
273. The _________ pact was a defensive organization for promoting shared political, military and economic goals founded in 1955 by Turkey, Iraq, Great Britain, Pakistan
and Iran. a) Baghdad b) Jerusalem c) Soviet Union d) Malaysia
274. The main purpose of the _________ Pact was to prevent communist incursions and foster peace in the Middle East.
a) Baghdad b) Albania c) Poland d) Palestine
275. _________ was renamed the Central Treaty Organization, or CENTO, in 1959 after Iraq pulled out of the Pact.
a)Baghdad b) Hungary c) Bulgaria d) Romania
276. CENTO was formally disbanded in _________
a) 1959 b) 1969 c) 1979 d) 1989
277. In _________ the Suez Canal became the focus of a major world conflict.
a) 1916 b) 1926 c) 1956 d) 1958
278.In the late 19th century _________ arose as a nationalist and political movement aimed at restoring the land of Israel as a national home for the Jewish people.
a) Zionism b) CENTO c) Lollards d) Judaism
279. The first Zionist congress took place in 1897 in Basel under the guidance of _________ journalist Theodor Herzl.
a) Austrian b) Lebanon c) Soviet Union d) American
280. Who wrote the book “The Jewish State”?
a) Theodor Herzl b) John F. Kennedy c) Nikita Khrushchev d) Fidel Castro
261.d 262.a 263.d 264.d 265.b 266.b 267.b 268.b 269.b 270.b
271.a 272.c 273.a 274.a 275.a 276.c 277.c 278.a 279.a 280.a