241.The seat of The International Court of Justice of the U.N.O. is at _________ in Netherlands.
a) Jerusalem b) Hague c) Malaysia d) Belgium
242. United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) was established in _________
a) 1936 b) 1946 c) 1948 d) 1949
243. Headquarters of UNICEF is _________
a) New Jersey b) Jerusalem c) Belgium d) New York
244. World Health Organization (WHO) was founded in April 1948 with its headquarters at _________
a) Geneva b) Czechoslovakia c) Jerusalem d) Malaysia
245. United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) was founded in 1946 with its headquarters at _________
a) Paris b) Czechoslovakia c) Jerusalem d) Belgium
246.1941 - The US president Roosevelt and the _________ Prime Minister Churchill issued declaration called the Atlantic Charter.
a) Spanish b) British c) Portuguese d) African
247. The UNICEF was established in _________ with its headquarters at New York.
a) 1916 b) 1926 c) 1928 d) 1946
248. November 1946 UNESCO was established with its head quarters at _________
a) Paris b) Belgium c) Thailand d) Czechoslovakia
249. International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) was set up as the world´s "Atoms for Peace" organization in _________ within the United Nations family.
a) 1907 b) 1917 c) 1927 d) 1957
250.The post World War II period saw a new kind of international relations set in. It was neither an era of peace nor of war. The major power blocs were the Western Bloc, led by The United States and Great Britain and, the Eastern Bloc, led by the _________
a) Soviet Union b) Malaysia c) Belgium d) America
251. The term ‘Cold War’ was first coined by Bernard Baruch, an _________ statesman and later popularized by Professor Lippmann.
a) American b) Belgian c) Spanish d) British
252. The Truman Doctrine was announced by President Truman in the American Congress on March 12 _________
a) 1947 b) 1949 c) 1957 d) 1958
253. Who declared that the United States must adopt a policy to support free peoples who were resisting attempted subjugation by armed minorities or by outside pressures?
a) Truman b) John F. Kennedy c) Yasser Arafat d) Lenin
254. The North Atlantic Treaty was signed in _________ on April 4, 1949.
a) Washington b) Malaysia c) Belgium d) Paris
255. _________ a career Foreign Service Officer, formulated the policy of "containment," the basic United States strategy for fighting the cold war with the Soviet Union.
a)George F. Kennan b) George C. Marshall c) John F. Kennedy d) Yuri Andropov
256. Harry S. Truman was the president of _________
a) USA b) French c) Soviet Union d)Portugal
257. Cominform was founded in _________
a) 1917 b) 1927 c) 1937 d) 1947
258. Cominform was a Soviet-dominated organization of Communist parties founded in September 1947 at a conference of Communist party leaders in Szklarska Poręba, _________
a) Poland b) Belgium c) Thailand d) Czechoslovakia
259. The initial seat of Cominform was located in _________ (then the capital of the Federative People's Republic of Yugoslavia).
a) Belgrade b) Luxembourg c) Belgium d) Thailand
260. After the expulsion of Yugoslavia from Cominform in June _________ the seat was moved to Bucharest, Romania.
a) 1908 b) 1918 c) 1948 d) 1953
241.b 242.b 243.d 244.a 245.a 246.b 247.d 248.a 249.d 250.a
251.a 252.a 253.a 254.a 255.a 256.a 257.d 258.a 259.a 260.c