TNPSC Master publishes relevant fact based Current Affairs almost daily basis. In this current affairs helps you and useful for General Awareness part of TNPSC, UPSC, SSC IBPS Banking and other State Public Service Commission examination. TNPSC Master is a compilation of recent current events. In This section is updated almost daily events, Innovation, Achievement, Awards and New Appointments etc.
PM Modi to inaugurate 8th Vibrant Gujarat Global Investors Summit in Gadhinagar today
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate Eighth Vibrant Gujarat Global Investors Summit at Mahatma Mandir in Gadhinagar today. This year's biennial flagship event will host Prime Ministers, Presidents, deputy Prime Ministers and Ministers of several countries apart from CEOs of Fortune 500 companies.
Kenya President Kenyatta to visit India on 3 day state visit
- President of Kenya, Uhuru Kenyatta will be on a three day State Visit to India from today. He will first arrive in Ahmedabad this morning to participate in Vibrant Gujarat Summit. Mr Kenyatta will also participate in business events there. In the evening, he will return to Delhi. Kenyan President will hold talks with Prime Minister Narendra Modi tomorrow.
1.85 lakh people get involved in illegal activities: WesternRailway
- Western Railway has informed that it had apprehended more than 1.85 lakh people for indulging in illegal activities like chain pulling, hawking, authorized travelling in ladies coaches, fraud in e-ticketing, etc. Addressing a press conference in Mumbai today, IG-cum-Chief Security Commissioner of Western Railway, Mr. Udai Shukla said a total of 4.12 crore rupees in fines was realized during the year 2016.
Implementation of Indo-Japan free trade agreement needs to be expedited: Nirmala Sitharaman
- Commerce and Industry Minister Nirmala Sitharaman today said the pace of implementation of Indo-Japan free trade agreement needs to be further enhanced in order to exploit the huge potential of the pact. Sitharaman was speaking after meeting with her Japanse counterpart Hiroshige Seko in New Delhi today. She said the pace of implementation of India-Japan Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (CEPA) has been rather steady and needed to be enhanced with faster pace to tap the huge potential of India- Japan bilateral trade
ISRO, CNES ink pact on satellite launch
- Indian Space Research Organisation, ISRO, and French Space agency (CNES) today signed a partnership agreement in satellite launch technology. The agreement was signed between ISRO Chairman Kiran Kumar and CNES President Jean-Yves Le Gall in the presence of visiting French Minister of Foreign Affairs Jean-Marc Ayrault in Bengaluru today. Space cooperation between France and India spans over 50 years and is one of the cornerstones of the Indo-French strategic partnership.
57% of Water storage capacity available in 91 major water reservoirs
- The water storage available in 91 major reservoirs for the week ending on 5th of January was 89(point)348 Billion Cubic Meter, BCM, which is 57 percent of total storage capacity. The total storage capacity of these reservoirs is 157.79 BCM which is about 62 per cent of the total storage capacity in the country. Out of 91 reservoirs, 37 have hydropower benefit with installed capacity of more than 60 Mega Watt. An official release said, in the northern region, storage during current year is less than the corresponding period of last year and is also less than the average storage of last ten years during the corresponding period.
Maharashtra govt launches India's largest WiFi service
- Maharashtra government has launched India’s largest public WiFi service called 'MumbaiWifi'. The facility, inaugurated by Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis in Mumbai today will initially provide 500 Wifi hotspots across various locations like Vidhan Bhawan, Kalanagar in Bandra, Bombay High Court and Mumbai Police Commissioner’s office.
Haryana to set up 'Prarambh School for Teachers Education' in Jhajjar
- In Haryana, the ‘State level Prarambh School for Teachers Education’ would be set up at village Silani in district Jhajjar over an area of 10 acres. Haryana Chief Minister, Mr Manohar Lal who presided over the first meeting of the Governing Body of Prarambh School for Teachers Education, at Chandigarh today, said that it would have all basic facilities. He told that at present it is being run in a school building and providing education to students of 15 states.
Assam govt to launch e-Wallet
- The Assam government will launch its indigenously-developed e-Wallet, Tokapoisa.in, to enable the people of the state for hassle-free online transactions in local language. Talking to newspersons in Guwahati today, state IT minister Keshab Mahanta said that the e-wallet will be launched on the occasion of Digi Dhan mela to be held in Guwahati on Wednesday.
La La Land sweeps Golden Globes with seven wins
- "La La Land", a romantic musical comedy-drama film swept the Golden Globes awards by winning in all the seven categories including the top award of best musical or comedy at the ceremony in Los Angeles.The film director Damien Chazelle took home the trophies for best director and screenplay. The film's leading stars Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone won the trophies for best actor and actress. "La La Land" also took the best original score award.The other big award of the night went to "Moonlight", for best motion picture. The film pipped Dev Patel-starrer "Lion" and "Manchester By The Sea", "Hacksaw Rridge" and "Hell or High Water". Isabelle Huppert won the best actress in a motion picture - drama for "Elle" which was named the best foreign film. Actor Casey Affleck won the best actor in a motion picture for his moving performance in "Manchester By the Sea".
- In the best supporting actor and actress categories the trophies went to Aaron Taylor-Johnson of "Nocturnal Animals". Viola Davis won th best supporting actress category for "Fences". The Golden Globe Awards is a major part of the film industry's awards season, which culminates each year with the Academy Awards or Oscars.
- Pakistan today conducted its first successful test-fire of a Submarine-Launched Cruise Missile (SLCM). The missile, Babur-3, with a range of 450 kilometers was fired from an underwater, mobile platform and hit its target with precise accuracy, the Inter Services Public Relations, the media wing of the Pakistani military said in a statement. Babur-3 is a sea-based variant of Ground Launched Cruise Missile (GLCM) Babur-2, which was successfully tested earlier in December, last year.
Turkey's parliament debates greater powers for Erdogan
- Turkey's Parliament today started debate on proposed constitutional amendments that would hand Recep Tayyip Erdogan's largely ceremonial presidency sweeping executive powers, and the possibility of serving two more five-year terms. Erdogan, who has dominated Turkish politics for 14 years, has long pushed imbuing the presidency with greater political powers, arguing that strong leadership would help Turkey grow.
Trump's son-in-law Kushner to become senior White House adviser
- US President-elect Donald Trump has named his son-in-law, Jared Kushner, as one of his senior White House advisers. The 35-year old played a key role in the presidential campaign and his new White House job will cover both domestic and foreign policy. Mr Kushner, who is married to Ivanka Trump, is a property developer with a wide range of business interests. His appointment will be controversial because of nepotism laws and concerns over potential conflicts.
India to play major role in Nepal's hydro power production
- Nepal has immense opportunities for hydro power production and India can play a major role in harnessing this potential, Nepal's Ambassador to India, Deep Kumar Upadhyaya said in Bhopal today. Nepal has immense opportunities for the development of hydro power and India can help it in a major way in harnessing it, Upadhyaya informed Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister, Shivraj Singh Chouhan, an official from the Public Relation Department said.
NASA's Mars orbiter captures stunning view of Earth & Moon
- The most powerful telescope aboard NASA's Mars orbiter has captured a stunning view of Earth and the Moon, showing continent-size detail on the planet and the relative size of its natural satellite. The image combines two separate exposures taken on November 20 last year by the High Resolution Imaging Science Experiment camera on NASA's Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter.
China revises 2015 GDP to USD 9.96 trillion
- China, the world's second largest economy, today revised the size of its economy in 2015 to 68.91 trillion yuan (that is, 9.96 trillion US dollars), up 354.6 billion yuan from its preliminary figure. The National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) said economic growth for 2015 was unchanged at 6.9 per cent but the size of China's economy in 2015 has been revised to 68.91 trillion yuan (9.96 trillion U.S. dollars), up 354.6 billion yuan from its preliminary figure.
Cristiano Ronaldo wins Fifa best player award
- Cristiano Ronaldo was named the world's best player at the inaugural Best Fifa Football Awards in Zurich. Real Madrid and Portugal forward Ronaldo beat Barcelona's Lionel Messi and Atletico Madrid's Antoine Griezmann to the prize.
- Ronaldo also won the Ballon d'Or in December with both honours recognition for success in the Champions League with Real and Euro 2016 with Portugal. Carli Lloyd of the United States was named the world's best female player.
Kane Williamson climbs to fourth in ICC T-20 rankings
- New Zealand captain Kane Williamson has become the second batsman after Indian skipper Virat Kohli to feature in the top-five of the ICC rankings for all three formats by climbing to fourth in the latest Twenty20 list issued in Dubai today.
Chennai Open: Bopanna & Nedunchezhiyan bag men's doubles title
- In Chennai Open tennis, Rohan Bopanna and Jeevan Nedunchezhiyan were crowned the champions in the doubles category. They defeated compatriots Purav Raja and Divij Sharan 6-3, 6-4 in the summit clash last night.
Courtesy: AIR News