TNPSC Master publishes relevant fact based Current Affairs almost daily basis. In this current affairs helps you and useful for General Awareness part of TNPSC, UPSC, SSC IBPS Banking and other State Public Service Commission examination. TNPSC Master is a compilation of recent current events. In This section is updated almost daily events, Innovation, Achievement, Awards and New Appointments etc.
Union HRD Minister launches 'Vittiya Saksharata Abhiyan'
- Human Resource Development Minister Prakash Javadekar launched Vittiya Saksharata Abhiyan in New Delhi yesterday. He appealed to the faculty and students to come forward and join this Abhiyan to encourage, create awareness and motivate all people around them to use a digitally enabled cashless economic system for transfer of fund.
Yoga now on UNESCO’s list of Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity
- The Inter-governmental Committee for the Safeguarding of the Intangible Cultural Heritage has inscribed Yoga in UNESCO’s Representative List as the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity. The declaration describing Yoga as a Human Treasure got unanimous support of the 24 members of the Committee.
Centre to provide skill development training to 5 lakhs Divyangs by 2018
- The Centre has set the target to provide skill development training to five lakh Divyangs by 2018. Talking to media persons in Guwahati yesterday, the Chief Commissioner for Persons with Disabilities Kamlesh Pandey said that as of now 44 thousand Divyangs have been given skill development trainings.Reports that the centre has taken slew of measures for the development of differently abled or divyang people. The Chief Commissioner for Persons with Disabilities Kamlesh Pandey said 225 crore rupees have been sent to distribute equipments to them.
Amritsar: All set for Heart of Asia-Istanbul Process conference
- Amritsar is all set to host 2-day Ministerial conference of the Heart of Asia Istanbul process beginning tomorrow. More than 40 foreign ministers and dignitaries of the Heart of Asia countries, supporting countries and International organisations will participate in the conference.Prime Minister Narendra Modi will address the conference on Sunday. Pakistan Prime Minister's foreign affairs adviser Sartaj Aziz will attend the conference.
HIV/AIDS Bill to be table in Rajya Sabha today
- The HIV and AIDS Prevention and Control Bill, 2014 is scheduled to be tabled in the Rajya Sabha today. The Bill will provide the prevention and control of the spread of HIV and AIDS and also protect the human rights of persons affected by the virus. The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill, 2014 will also come up for consideration and passage in Rajya Sabha. The Bill will give effect to the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Divyang.
The Employee's Compensation Amendment Bill, 2016 / Admiralty Jurisdiction and Settlement of Maritime Claims Bill, 2016 / The Mental Healthcare Bill, 2016
- The Employee's Compensation Amendment Bill, 2016 is also scheduled to be tabled in the Rajya Sabha. The Bill, seeking to amend the Employee's Compensation Act, 1923, has been passed by the Lok Sabha.In Lok Sabha, the Admiralty Jurisdiction and Settlement of Maritime Claims Bill, 2016 is scheduled to come up for consideration and passage. The Bill will consolidate the existing laws relating to admiralty jurisdiction, legal proceedings in connection with vessels, their arrest, detention, sale and other matters connected. The Mental Healthcare Bill, 2016 and the Maternity Benefit Amendment Bill, 2016 is also scheduled to be tabled in the Lok Sabha. The Private Members’ bills are also scheduled to be introduced in both houses today (02.12.2016).
e-visa plan: City to be port of entry
- Including seaports for the first time in the list of designated ports of entry under the e-visa scheme, the Union Cabinet on Wednesday allowed foreigners to immigrate with e-visas at Mumbai, Chennai, Kochi, Goa and Mangalore ports. The five additional ports of entry are over and above the 16 designated airports from where e-visa holders can enter India.The freshly-approved liberalised visa policy has also revised the annual income threshold for employment visa from the existing $25,000 to `16.25 lakh. The annual income threshold has been fixed lower at `9.10 lakh per year, for getting employment visa for a teaching job
Centre committed to promote ayurveda, other forms of traditional medicines
- Minister of State for AYUSH Shripad Yesso Naik has said that the Centre is committed to promote ayurveda and other forms of traditional medicines and has formed policies for the purpose.Inaugurating the 7th World Ayurveda Congress and Arogya Expo in Kolkata, he said the Centre wants to provide accessible, affordable and safe health care facilities to the people.Ministry of AYUSH has organised AROGYA Expo in collaboration with West Bengal government from December 1 to 4 which coincides with the three-day 7th World Ayurveda Congress beginning today on 02.12.2016.
HRIDAY technical committee meeting to be held today
- The Technical Committee on the Centre's HRIDAY scheme will meet in New Delhi today to review the progress undertaken in various cities under the programme.The technical committee with representatives from Dwarka, Gaya, Kancheepuram, Mathura and Velankanni under HRIDAY scheme will discuss the development of temples, ghats and connecting pathways during the meeting. Union Urban Development Ministry launched the National Heritage City Development and Augmentation Yojana (HRIDAY) scheme in January last year with a focus on holistic development of heritage cities.
French president decides not to seek re-election next year
- French President Francois Hollande has announced that he will not seek re-election next year as he bowed to historically low approval ratings after a troubled five years in power.The 62-year-old Socialist leader put a decisive end to speculation in a solemn televised statement from the Elysee Palace in Paris yesterday. Hollande's popularity has hit rock bottom after a term in office marked by U-turns on major policies, terror attacks, high unemployment and embarrassing revelations about his private life.
US exploring ways to build better linkages with India: Richard Verma
- US Ambassador to India, Richard Verma has said that the United States is exploring ways to build better linkage with India, especially the North East Region. Mr Verma Yesterday attended the inaugural session of the Hornbill Festival in Nagaland.Talking to media persons in Kohima last night, he described the festival as amazing and a wonderful sandwich of music and arts. The US Ambassador also appreciated the rich tribal cultural history and young population of the State.
Devendra Fadnavis asks for Aadhar linkage of bank accounts for student scholarships
- Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis has asked for Aadhar linkage of all accounts for availing different scholarships and other benefits by students.He also directed officials to prepare a plan to bring the University of Mumbai, Savitribai Phule Pune University and Nagpur University among the top in global rankings.
Dhasai becomes first cashless village in Maharashtra
- Amid the Centre's push for digital transaction, Dhasai village in Thane district has become the first "cashless village" in Maharashtra. This was informed by Maharashtra Finance Minister Sudhir Mungantiwar yesterday.All payments in the Dhasai village are being done through plastic money. Traders, vegetable and fruit vendors and others providing goods and services in Dhasai are using swipe machines for cashless transactions.Dhasai, in Murbad taluka, around 70 km from Mumbai, has a population of around 10,000. Around 60 nearby small villages depend on Dhasai for trade and their daily needs.
Bulk of polio vaccine produced in France, yet gets made-in-India tag
- ShanIPV , an injectable in activated polio vaccine (IPV) made by Shanta Biotechnics, has been lauded as a `Made in India' product.However, the actual bulk production of the trivalent vaccine is being done in France, at the l'Etoile site of Sanofi Pasteur, Shanta Biotech's parent company. The Indian subsidiary is merely doing the “formulation filling and packaging“. “It is absurd to talk of high technology transfer for formulation, filling and packaging. This is just transfer of the vaccine from large to small container. If the vaccine is being imported from France, how is it `Made in India'?“ asked prof Pushpa Bhargava, eminent scientist and founder director of the Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology (CCMB) in Hyderabad.
Kindle books now in 5 Indian languages
- Amazon's Kindle has launched digital books in five Indian languages and is adding more local languages to its collection.Kindle's India sales grew 200% in 2015, and further accelerated this year, its India director for content Sanjeev Jha told TOI. The company has added thousands of best sellers and exclusive titles in Hindi, Tamil, Marathi, Gujarati and Malayalam.
World Chess Championship 2016 - Magnus Carlsen
- The World Chess Championship 2016 was a chess match between reigning world champion Magnus Carlsen and challenger Sergey Karjakin, to determine the World Chess Champion. Carlsen has been world champion since 2013. Karjakin qualified as challenger by winning the 2016 Candidates Tournament. The World Championship match was played in New York City, USA, between 11 and 30 November, 2016.
Courtesy: AIR News / The Times of India / The Hindu