TNPSC Master publishes relevant fact based Current Affairs almost daily basis. In this current affairs helps you and useful for General Awareness part of TNPSC, UPSC, SSC IBPS Banking and other State Public Service Commission examination. TNPSC Master is a compilation of recent current events. In This section is updated almost daily events, Innovation, Achievement, Awards and New Appointments etc.
Following Current Affairs Covering news of States National, International, Business and Sports.
Govt announces package for promotion of digital & cashless economy
- Government today announced several incentives on payments made through digital modes. Addressing media in New Delhi, Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley said, petroleum companies will offer a discount of 0.75 percent on diesel and petrol to consumers who pay through digital means.Mr Jaitley also said, 0.5 percent discount will be given to people who will buy monthly seasonal tickets in the Suburban railway networks through digital payment mode. It will be effective from 1st of next month and will start with the Mumbai suburban railways.
Rajnath calls upon young scientists to spread message of cashless transactions
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh has called upon the young scientists to spread the message of cashless transactions. Inaugurating the India International Science Festival in New Delhi today, Mr Singh said, e-payments, e-wallets, mobile phone banking and various other modes of cashless transactions will not only lead to less cash transactions but also help realize a corruption free society.
GST jurisdiction a difficult issue, hopeful of Apr roll-out: Jaitley
- Pinning hopes on quick resolution of the difficult issue of tax jurisdiction with States, Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley has said that the Goods and Services Tax (GST) regime will be rolled out from April next year.Addressing the valedictory ceremony of Petrotech 2016 in New Delhi last evening Mr. Jaitley said implementation of GST is bounded by a calendar deadline as the Constitutional Amendment provides that the existing indirect tax regime can continue only till 16th of September next year.
State Information Ministers Conference tomorrow at Vigyan Bhawan in New Delhi
- Information and Broadcasting Ministry is organizing the 28th State Information Ministers Conference tomorrow at Vigyan Bhawan in New Delhi. The two-day conference will promote partnership in the dissemination process between Centre and States, enabling effective communication to the people and on sector specific collaboration in the Films, Broadcasting and Information sector. Information and Broadcasting Minister M. Venkaiah Naidu will chair the conference on Saturday.
CM's committee on digital payment to submit interim report to centre
- The Chief Ministers' Committee on promoting digital payment, will submit its interim report to the Centre in the next two or three days. Briefing reporters in New Delhi this evening, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu, who is the Convener of the Committee, said the committee is exploring the possibility of the use of technology to simplify the digital payment procedures. He said, the best practices followed across the world will be incorporated.
Railways launch website for National Rail Plan
- The Railways today launched a website seeking inputs from all stakeholders to prepare the National Rail Plan. The plan will be ready by the middle of next year. Launching the website in New Delhi, Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu said, Railways has prepared vision documents but never National Rail Plan. He said, there should be a concrete plan.
UNESCO: India will be half a century late in achieving universal education goals
- UNESCO has said, India will be half a century late in achieving its universal education goals. The UN body, in its Global Education Monitoring Report, 2016, also said, India will achieve universal primary education by 2050, lower secondary education (Class 6th to 8th) by 2060 and upper secondary education (Class 9th to 12th) by 2085. Minister of State for Human Resource Development, Upendra Kushwaha said this in a written reply in the Rajya Sabha today (08.12.2016)
Lok Sabha passes second Supplementary Demands for Grants for Budget 2016 -17
- The Lok Sabha today passed the second Supplementary Demands for Grants for Budget 2016 -17 amid the Opposition's uproar against demonetisation. Replying to a short debate on the issue, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley hit out at the Congress on the black money issue posing a challenge to name any single step taken by it to curb the menace during its rule between 2004 to 2014
Prasar Bharati archives sales counter inaugurated at Akashwani Bhawan
- Chief Executive Officer of Prasar Bharati S C Panda today inaugurated Prasar Bharati archives sales counter at Akashwani Bhawan in New Delhi. Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Panda said, the newly built structure is expected to fulfill the objectives of bringing the archival assets of All India Radio and Doordarshan to public domain through it's commercially released Audio CDs, Video CDs and DVDs. He said, public will greatly benefit from it.
Govt taking initiatives to augment power availability in country: Piyush Goyal
- Power Minister Piyush Goyal today said during the 12th plan period (that is from 2012 to 2017) a capacity addition of about 88,928 Mega watt power generation from the conventional sources have been achieved till 31st October 2016. Replying to questions in the Lok Sabha, Mr Goyal said about 21,128 MW energy has been generated from renewable sources till September 30th last.
Naidu inaugurates 4th Bi-Annual Photo Exhibition in Delhi
- Information and Broadcasting Minister M Venkaiah Naidu has said that though written and spoken words are essential for communication, however sometimes, pictures can make a point even more powerfully. Inaugurating 4th Bi-Annual Photo Exhibition of All India Working News Cameramen’s association at Lalit Kala Academy in New Delhi today, Mr Naidu said, one picture is worth a thousand words.
India designated as major US defence partner
- India was today designated as a major defence partner of the United States, it's a status unique to India and institutionalizes the progress made to facilitate defence trade and technology sharing with India to a level at par with that of the United States’ and ensures enduring cooperation in future.
Italian PM Matteo Renzi hands in resignation to President
- Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi has handed in his resignation to President Sergio Mattarella, three days after losing a referendum. Mr Renzi had said, he will wait to hand his resignation until the Senate passed the 2017 budget, which it did earlier in the day.
Trump named as Time magazine's person of the year
- US President-elect Donald Trump was named by Time magazine as its Person of the Year 2016 for his stunning upset victory in the US Presidential election.Time said after campaigning as an anti-establishment, populist candidate, 70-year-old Trump was elected the 45th President of the US, a stunning end to a presidential bid that repeatedly broke with political precedent.
India-Arab partnership conference to be held in Muscat, Oman
- The 5th India-Arab Partnership Conference, with an objective to enhance the economic relations between India and Arab countries, will be in Muscat and Oman from 14th of this month. Indian Ambassador to Cairo, Sanjay Bhattacharyya has said in Cairo that, the two-day conference is jointly organised by the Oman Foreign Ministry, Arab League Secretariat and the Ministry of External Affairs in India.
Israel rejects Paris summit to revive peace process
- Israel has rejected an invitation for an international conference in Paris to revive the peace process. Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu today told French President Francois Hollande that he is willing to meet Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, in Paris for direct talks without preconditions.
J&K: Indian Army, in collaboration with College & Institute launch Swacch Bharat Abhiyan
- In Jammu and Kashmir, the Indian Army, in collaboration with Kargil's Degree College and Industrial Training Institute, has launched Swacch Bharat Abhiyan in the campuses of the institutions. The abhiyan was launched by Divisional Forest Officer, Kargil Khalid Amin Mehta. He, along with the staff and students of the institutes, cleaned the premises.
Pune: Fergusson College Road shops go cashless
- Fergusson College Road in Pune will be the first ‘cashless’ road in district as most of the shopkeepers and vendors have started using card readers and digital options for transactions.
India-UK Conference on Ease of Doing Business inaugurated in Delhi
- The India-UK Conference on Ease of Doing Business has been jointly inaugurated today by Secretary, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Ramesh Abhishek and British High Commissioner Dominic Asquith in New Delhi.
1st elite men's senior national boxing tournament begins in Guwahati
- In Assam, the first elite men's senior national boxing tournament has begun at Guwahati. Assam Chief Minister Sarbanand Sonowal has inaugurated it in presence of Assam Sports minister Naba Doley.