1. With reference to Indian economy, consider the following :
1. Bank rate
2. Open market operations
3. Public debt
4. Public revenue
Which of the above is/are component/components of Monetary Policy?
(a) 1 only
(b) 2, 3 and 4
(c) 1 and 2
(d) 1, 3 and 4
2. With reference to inflation in India, which of the following statements is correct?
(a) Controlling the inflation in India is the responsibility of the Government of India only
(b) The Reserve Bank of India has no role in controlling the inflation
(c) Decreased money circulation helps in controlling the inflation
(d) Increased money circulation helps in controlling the inflation
3. Consider the following statements :
1. The Legislative Council of a State in India can be larger in size than half of the Legislative
Assembly of that particular State.
2. The Governor of a State nominates the Chairman of Legislative Council of that particular
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 only
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither 1 nor 2
4. “To uphold and protect the Sovereignty, Unity and Integrity of India” is a provision made in the
(a) Preamble of the Constitution
(b) Directive Principles of State Policy
(c) Fundamental Rights
(d) Fundamental Duties
5. Which one of the following is the best description of the term ‘ecosystem?
(a) A community of organisms interacting with one another
(b) That part of the Earth which is inhabited by living organisms
(c) A community of organisms together with the environment in which they live
(d) The flora and fauna of a geographical area
6. Which one of the following countries of South-West Asia does not open out to the Mediterranean Sea?
7. In India, in which one of the following types of forests is teak a dominant tree species?
(a) Tropical moist deciduous forest
(b) Tropical rain forest
(c) Tropical thorn scrub forest
(d) Temperate forest with grasslands
8. Which one of the following was given classical language status recently?
9. The term ‘lndARC’, sometimes seen in the news, is the name of
(a) an indigenously developed radar system inducted into Indian Defence
(b) India’s satellite to provide services to the countries of Indian Ocean Rim
(c) a scientific establishment set up by India in Antarctic region
(d) India’s underwater observatory to scientifically study the Arctic region
10. Consider the following States :
1. Arunachal Pradesh
2. Himachal Pradesh
In which of the above States do ‘Tropical Wet Evergreen Forests’ occur?
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 and 3 only
(c) 1 and 3 only
(d) 1, 2 and 3