Pravasi Bharatiya Divas (Non-Resident Indian Day), is celebrated in India on 9 January each year to mark the contribution of the overseas Indian community to the development of India. The day commemorates the return of Mahatma Gandhi from South Africa in Bombay on 9 January 1915.
Some related Questions of NRI Day
1. When was Observed NRI Day?
Answer: January 9
2. NRI Stands for _____
Answer: Non - Resident Indian
3. What is Called NRI Day in Hindi?
Answer: Pravasi Bharatiya Divas
4. Which Committees recommended for NRI Day?
Answer: L M Singhvi Committees recommended for NRI Day. NRI Day Observed Since 2003
5. NRI Day Celebrated Every year January 9. Why in that particular Date was Selected?
Answer: In January 09th 1915, Gandhiji returned to India.
Place of Celebrated NRI Day in India Since 2003
- 2003 New Delhi
- 2004 New Delhi
- 2005 Mumbai
- 2006 Hyderabad Andhra Pradesh (Now in Telangana)
- 2007 New Delhi
- 2008 New Delhi
- 2009 Chennai
- 2010 New Delhi
- 2011 New Delhi
- 2012 Jaipur
- 2013 Kochi
- 2014 New Delhi
- 2015 Gandhinagar
- 2016 New Delhi
- 2017 Bengaluru