Removed for Arunacha Pradesh governor Jyoti Prasad Rajkhowa
- Arunacha Pradesh governor, Jyoti Prasad Rajkhowa was finall removed President Pranab Mukherjee on Monday (12.09.2016) The for mer Assam chief secretary The former Assam chief secretary , who was named for the post on May 12 last year, was the first gubernatorial appointee of the Narendra Modi government.Rashtrapati Bhavan statement said Rajkhowa would “cease to hold office of the governor of Arunachal Pradesh“. Meghalaya governor V Shanmuganathan will take additional charge of Arunachal till regular arrangements are made.
- As the Centre and states kick off consultations to decide the crucial rate for the goods and services tax (GST), the Modi government is all set to back a pocket friendly rate, amid indications that a standard rate of 18-19% might receive the government's backing. States such as Kerala have been vocal in suggesting the levy should be upwards of 20% to ensure that state revenue collections are not impacted by the GST rollout from April.
North Korea eady for 6th Nuclear test: Seoul
- North Korea is ready to conduct another nuclear test at any time, South Korea said on Monday (12.09.2016). “An additional test could be conducted in a tunnel that branches off from the second tunnel or in the third tunnel at the Punggye-ri site, where preparations have been completed,“ ministry spokesman Moon Sang-Gyun said, adding that the South's military is on combatreadiness to respond to any “provocation“ by the North.
Direct tax collection rises 15%, indirect 28%
- The government on Monday (12.09.2016) reported robust growth in tax collections with the direct tax kitty rising 15%, while indirect tax mop up was 27.5% higher during April-August. Data released by the finance ministry showed that gross personal income tax collections rose over 24%, while corporation tax was 11.5% higher during the first five months of the current financial year.
Bhattacharya may get six months more as SBI chief
- SBI chairman Arundhati Bhattacharya looks set to get an extension for six months to oversee the merger of its five associate banks with the parent.Bhattacharya's term is due to end next month and an extension is se en as a compensation for her not being appointed Sebi chairman, although she was especially called for an interaction by a panel headed by the cabinet secretary
- India has moved the World Trade Organization's dispute settlement system, complaining about subsidy provided by eight US states in the renewable energy sector. The development is seen as a retaliation to the American complaint at the multilateral body against the government's domestic content requirement for solar cells and modules under the National Solar Mission.
- A Deepa did win a medal for India at Rio.It may not have come in gymnastics but it was still a Produnova in its own right. Deepa Malik, a 45-year-old wheelchair-bound adrenaline junkie from Gurgaon made history when she became the first Indian woman to win a medal at the Paralympics. Her throw of 4.61m won her a silver in the shot put F-53 event.
Mariyappan denies donating `30 lakh to his alma mater
- Paralympian T Mariyappan on Monday denied reports of donating 30 lakh to his school in Periyavadagampatti out of the Rs 2 crore that has been promised to him by the Tamil Nadu government.
Source: The Times of India