Famous Research Institutes of India
- Central Leprosy Training and Research Institute - Chengalpet
- King Institute of Preventive Medicine - Guindy (Chennai)
- Central Sugarcane Research Institute - Coimbatore
- Central Leather Research Institute - Chennai
- Central Electro-Chemical Research Institute - Karaikudi
- Central Food Technological Research Institute - Mysore (Karnataka)
- Central Institute of Virology - Pune (Maharashtra)
- Indian Lac Research Institute - Ranchi (Jharkhand)
- Defence Agricultural Research Laboratory - Haldwani (Punjab)
- Physical Research Laboratory - Ahmadabad (Gujarat)
First in India
- The First Indian to Win Nobel Prize - Rabindranath Tagore.
- The First President of Indian National Congress - W.C. Banerjee.
- The First British Governor General of India - Lord William Bentinck.
- The First British Viceroy of India - Lord Canning.
- The First Governor General of free India - Lord Mountbatten.
- The First Indian to receive Bharat Ratna Award - Dr.Radhakrishnan.
- The First judge of International court of justice - Dr. Nagendra Singh.
- The First foreigner to receive Bharat Ratna - Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan
- The First Women Chief Minister of an Indian state - Mrs. Sucheta Kirpalani.
- The First Women to receive Nobel Prize - Mother Teresa.
- Women President of the Indian National Congress - Annie Besant.
- Indian in the British Parliament - Dadabhai Naoroji.
- Musician to be awarded the Bharat Ratna - M.S. Subbulakshmi.
- The First Indian Woman to win a Badminton Grand prix - Sania Nehwal (2006)
- First Women President - Pratibha Patil (2007)
73rd Golden Globe Awards
1. Best Picture (Drama) — The Revenant
2. Best Picture (Musical of Comedy) — The Martian
3. Best Director — Alejandro G. Inarritu (The Revenant)
4. Best Actor (Drama) — Leonardo DiCaprio (The Revenant)
5. Best Actor (Musical or Comedy) — Matt Damon (The Martian)
6. Best Actress (Drama) — Brie Larson (Room)
7. Best Actress (Musical or Comedy) —Jennifer Lawrence (Joy)
8. Best Supporting Actor — Sylvester Stallone (Creed)
9. Best Supporting — Kate Winslet (Steve Jobs)