1. Arrange the following periods in a chronological order
I Neolithic period
II. Mesolithic period
III. Chalcolithic period
IV. Palacolithic period
Answer: IV, II, I & III
2. Consider the following statements
I. The Atommc energy commistion was set up uder the Chairmanship of Homi J.Bhaba to formulate a policy for all atomic energy activities in the country
II. In 1956 India's first nuclear reactor in Trombay near Bombay began to function.
Which of the statements is /are correct?
a. I only
b. II only
c. Both I & II
d. Neither I nor II
3. Match List I with List II correctly
List I List II
a. Justice Party 1. E.V.Ramasamy Periyar
b. Devadasi System 2. Dr.S.Dharmambal
c. Vaikam Hero 3. Dr. Muthulakshmi Reddy
d. Veera Tamilannai 4. Thiyagaraja Chetty
Answer: a-4, b-3, c-1, d-2
4. Which one of the following is incorrectly matched?
a. Bhonsle - Nagpur
b. Holkar - Indore
c. Peshwa - Delhi
d. Scindia - Gwalior
5. Which one of the following is incorrectly matched?
a. Swaraj Party - C.R.Das
b. Forward Bloc - Subash Chandra Bose
c. Muslim League - Nawab Salmullah Khan
d. Justice Party - E.V.R Periyar
6. Which one of the following is incorrectly matched?
a. New army regulation - Vellore Mutiny
b. Sir John Cradock - Commander-in-Chief
c. Lord William Bentink - Governor of Madras
d. 4th Regiment rose in revolt against - Colonel Forbes
7. Which one of the following is correctly matched?
a. Delhi Durbar - S. N.Bannerjee
b. Abhinava Bharat - Savarkar Brothers
c. Indian Association - Dadabhai Naoraji
d. Servant of Indian Socity - W.C. Bannerjee