Indian Railways Engineer Wins MIT Innovation Award
- Ashwani Kumar Upadhyaya an Indian Railway Engineer has won a global innovation award at MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) USA for his idea of cater pillar trains
Bangaluru food truck First in Asia to be run by Women
- A Bangaluru based food truck, called "7th Sin", is the first in Asia to be run by an all-woman group started by Archana Singh, the truck is operational six day a week with the workers given free food to people in religious places on the Seventh Day.
- African children will account for over 40% of the world's poorest people in 2030 the deadline set by the world leaders to eliminate extreme poverty, According to a UK-based think tank Said on 25.08.2016. One in five children in sub-Saharan Africa, or nearly 148 million, will be living on less than $1.90 a day in 2030, the deadline set by the world leaders to eliminate extreme poverty, the Overseas Development Institute (ODI) said in a report.
Kerala to be declared open defecation-free state on November 1
- Kerala will be declared as open defecaton -fee state on its fromation day on November 1 with the CPIM-led LDF Government planning to invite Prime Minister Narendra Modi to atttend a function in Thiruvananthapuram.The Cabinet decided to invite who was launched the Swachh Bharat mission for a clean India.
- Nadia district in West Bengal is the first district free of open defecation.