THE GREAT REVOLT OF 1857 in British India
1. The British historians call the describe the Revolt of 1857 as Military revolt.
2. Indian historians describe the revolt of 1857 as First war of Indian independence.
3. During the great revolt if 1857 the governor general of india was Lord Canning.
4. The peasants had to pay heavy revenue taxes.
5. Resumption of rent free system was introduced by Lord Bentinck.
6. General services Enlistment act was passed in 1856.
7. The First sign of unrest appeared at Barrackpore.
8. The Sepoys broke out into open revolt at meerut.
9. The wife if nawab of oudh was Begum Hazarat Mahal.
10. After 1857 revolt the governor general of india was designated as Viceroy of india.