ROLE OF TAMIL NADU IN THE FREEDOM MOVEMENT and
A. ROLE OF TAMIL NADU IN THE FREEDOM MOVEMENT
1. Indian soldiers were instigated by the sons of Tipu Sultan.
2. The first organization in the madras presidency to agitate for the rights of people was the madras native association.
3. The first president of the madras mahajana sabha was P.Rangaiah Naidu.
4. At Vedaranyam, the salt law was broken by Rajagopalachari.
5. In 1908, Bharathiar organized a huge public meeting to celebrate Swaraj day.
6. Faced with the prospectus of arrest by the British Bharathi escaped to Pondicherry.
7. The Head quarters if the Tamil Nadu Congress committee is named as Sathyamurthi Bhavan.
B. SOCIAL TRANSFORMATIONS IN TAMIL NADU.
1. South Indians Liberal Federation is otherwise known as the Justice party.
2. Periyar transformed the Justice party into Dravidar Kazhagam.
3. The greatest social reformer of Tamil Nadu E.V. Ramasamy Naicker.
4. Vaikam is a place in Kerala.
5. C.N. Annadurai was affectionately called as Anna.
6. Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam was founded by C.N.Annadurai.
7. C.N. Annaduari was conferred Doctorate by Annamalai university.
8. Due to Dr. muthulakshmi’s good efforts the cancer institute was started at Adayar.
9. All India women conference was organized at Pune.
10. Dr. Muthulakshmi Reddy started an orphanage known as Avvai illam.
11. Dr.S.Dharmambal started an agitation for the cause of Tamil teachers called Elavu varam.
12. Moovalur Ramamirdham was born in 1883.