Five State to go polls between February 4, 2017 to March 8, 2017:
- Uttarkhand - February 15, 70 Constituencies
- Punjab - February 4, 117 Constituencies
- Goa - February 4, 40 Constituencies
- Manipur - March 4 and 8, 60 Constituencies
- Uttar Pradesh February 11, 15, 19, 23, 27 and March 4, 8, 2017 - 403 Constituencies
What is Special in this Elections?
- All-Woman polling booths will be set up in certain areas
- Protection to members of SC/ST community will be provided wherever required
- EC is mapping polling stations to make them disabled-friendly
- Candidates can spend up to 28 Lakh in Uttar Pradesh, Punjab, Uttarkhand and 20 Lakh in Manipur Goa
How to View in this Election?
- 16.8 Crore Electorate: The Electorate's size is almost equal to Pakistans population. If a country, it would be the 7th most populous
- 690 Seats and 185038 Polling stations
Powered by Women
- Elections commission plans ' Woman-managed polling station' in each constituency in the five states where the entire polling staff, including police and security personnel will be women.
- Voting slips will carry google Maps snapshot of the polling station.
- Elections commission to be strict about Supre Court order on canvassing on religious and Case lines.
Courtesy: The New Indian Express / Times of India