TNPSC Master publishes relevant fact based Current Affairs almost daily basis. In this current affairs helps you and useful for General Awareness part of TNPSC, UPSC, SSC IBPS Banking and other State Public Service Commission examination. TNPSC Master is a compilation of recent current events. In This section is updated almost daily events, Innovation, Achievement, Awards and New Appointments etc.
Latest Current Affairs Contains in following titles:
- CAG lens on entities showing agri income to claim tax exemption
- In 1st speech after POK raid, PM doesn't rub it in
- 95% of rape accused known to victims, reveals 2015 data
- Nagpur youth first Indian to finish 246km Spartathlon
- India becomes 62nd country to ratify Paris climate deal
- Indian-origin teen wins Google Science Fair prize
- India ratifies historic Paris climate deal at U.N.
- The Comptroller and Auditor General has initiated an audit of entities claiming tax exemption on agricultural income amid suggestions from some political parties and income tax authorities that a blanket exemption be done away with and tax be levied after a threshold. The auditor has written to the finance ministry seeking details of entities which have declared agricultural income and the amount of tax exemption granted to them. Recently, tax authorities had raised concerns about possible misuse of the exemption availab le to agricultural income, although the government has clearly said that there was no move to impose tax.
- Avoiding triumphalism or even a direct comment on the cross-LoC strikes on terror camps, PM Narendra Modi said on Sunday that India had never attacked any country nor coveted anyone's territory, while it contributed immensely during the two world wars.The PM's comments at a function here seemed intended to eschew chest-thumping and reflected the responses of BJP spokespersons who have avoi ded jingoism despite the nationalist fervour on social media and among the BJP cadre.
- Ninety-five per cent of the perpetrators in rape cases in 2015 were known to their victims, figures released by by the National Crime Records Bureau reveal. And the home or workplace seems to be the most dangerous place for a woman -in 40% cases, the perpetrator was a relative, neighbour or coworker.
- 23-year-old Kieren D'Souza became the first Indian to complete the gruelling 246km Spartathlon from Athens to Sparta in Greece on October 1. In the 34-year history of the race, it was for the first time that the Indian flag fluttered over the finish line in Sparta near the statue of the legendary king, Leonidas. Kieren, who hails from Nagpur, completed the race in 33 hours 02 minutes and 25 seconds, finishing in the 86th spot among the 370 participants. The cut-off time was 36 hours.
- India formally joined the Paris Agreement on climate change by submitting its instrument of ratification to the United Nations in New York on Sunday , the birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi. The country , however, ratified the deal with certain conditions keeping its national priorities in mind. It clearly referred to India's commitment towards its development agenda which aims to eradicate poverty and take care of the basic needs of all its citizens.Though the country has not used the word `condition', it made amply clear in its `declaration' that India would be able to take climate actions provided it got financial and technological support to move towards a low carbon growth path.
- A 16-year-old Indian-origin South African teen has won a $50,000 scholarship, the grand prize at the annual Google Science Fair for her work using orange peel to develop a cheaper “super-absorbent material” that helps soil retain water.
- India ratified the Paris Agreement on Climate Change by depositing the instrument of ratification with the United Nations on Sunday, the 147th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi. A special event was organised to mark the occasion, also observed as the International Day of Nonviolence, at the UN headquarters. India is the 62nd country to ratify the agreement. The agreement will enter into force one month after 55 countries that account for 55 percent of global emissions ratify the agreement.