TNPSC Master publishes relevant fact based Current Affairs almost daily basis. In this current affairs helps you and useful for General Awareness part of TNPSC, UPSC, SSC IBPS Banking and other State Public Service Commission examination. TNPSC Master is a compilation of recent current events. In This section is updated almost daily events, Innovation, Achievement, Awards and New Appointments etc.
- PM Modi inaugurates India Sanitation Conference
- India-US military relationship is closest ever, says Ashton Carter
- Vice President Hamid Ansari to address National Assembly of Mali today
- We will welcome cash & other help from India, says Baloch leader
- West Bengal: Mahalaya observe today, high-security alert in state
- India embarking on significant reforms & will grow more than 7%: IMF
- India moves up 16 spots to 39th rank in Global Competitiveness Index
- World Bank agrees to name Jim Yong Kim to 2nd term as President
- SEBI Chairman stresses on need to form BRICS Nations Bond Markets
- Govt announces Rs. 90 lakh cash reward for Rio Paralympics winners
- Indian women's kabaddi team wins gold in Asian Beach Games
- Official emblem for 2017 Fifa U-17 World Cup to held in India unveiled
- R Ashwin moves to 2nd place in latest ICC test bowler rankings
PM Modi inaugurates India Sanitation Conference
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi today said the atmosphere in the country is towards cleanliness. Inaugurating India Sanitation Conference, INDOSAN in New Delhi, Mr Modi said if people of the nation decide not to pollute their surroundings, our society and eventually our country will be cleaned.
India-US military relationship is closest ever, says Ashton Carter
- US Defence Secretary Ashton Carter has said, India-US military relationship is the closest it has been ever and the two countries are exercising together by air, land and sea for the first time. In his remarks aboard the USS Carl Vinson in San Diego, he said the two great democracies have done a strategic and technological handshake. Carter said the US-India Defence Technology and Trade Initiative grasps hands with Prime Minister Narendra Modi's Make in India campaign, helping both countries move toward more diverse defence co-development and co-production of weapons systems
Vice President Hamid Ansari to address National Assembly of Mali today
- Vice President of India Mohammad Hamid Ansari will address the National Assembly of Mali in capital Bamako today and reports that Mr Ansari will also call on President Ibrahim Keita today before leaving for home in the evening.
We will welcome cash & other help from India, says Baloch leader
- A prominent leader of a major armed group fighting for independence in Pakistan's Balochistan has said he would welcome cash and other help from India. In his first video interview in five years, Allah Nazar Baloch, head of the Balochistan Liberation Front, BLF, also pledged further attacks on a Chinese economic corridor, parts of which run through the resource-rich province, reports a news channel. The planned 46 billion dollars trade route is expected to link western China with Pakistan's Arabian Sea via a network of roads, railways and energy pipelines.
West Bengal: Mahalaya observe today, high security alert in state
- Today is Mahalaya, a day of chanting the Chandi Paath to mark the advent of Durga puja in a week's time. From the wee hours of the morning, people all over West Bengal are throning at holy rivers. Male members of the family are offering holy waters to the spirits of their ancestors.
India embarking on significant reforms & will grow more than 7%: IMF
- International Monetary Fund, IMF, has said India is embarking on significant reforms and will grow at more than 7 per cent. Speaking at an event in United States, IMF Managing Director Christine Lagarde said, China is rightly re-balancing its economy, albeit slower growing economic model but it will continue to grow at a robust rate of about 6 per cent.
India moves up 16 spots to 39th rank in Global Competitiveness Index
- India has jumped 16 places in Global Competitiveness Index, GCI 2016-17 released by the World Economic Forum. For the second year in a row, India climbed 16 positions to occupy the 39th spot out of 138 countries which were reviewed. Switzerland, Singapore and the US remain as the world's most competitive economies.China ranks 28 in the index. Among the other BRICS nations, Russia is ranked 43rd, South Africa is at 47 and Brazil at 81. In the report, India showed biggest improvement in rankings as its competitiveness improved on several fronts including efficiency in goods market, business sophistication and innovation.
World Bank agrees to name Jim Yong Kim to 2nd term as President
- The board of the World Bank has unanimously agreed to name Jim Yong Kim to a second term as President. Kim had been the only candidate in a process. In a statement announcing the decision, the Bank's board offered a strong endorsement of Kim's record, including setting the goal of eliminating extreme global poverty by 2030.
SEBI Chairman stresses on need to form BRICS Nations Bond Markets
- SEBI Chairman U K Sinha today stressed on the need to form BRICS Nations Bond Markets in the lines of BRICS Development Bank. He was addressing a one-day BRICS Seminar that began in Mumbai this morning. Mr. Sinha noted that a lot of positive developments have happened in the financial sector in the last 2 years and hoped that there is a scope for further deepening of Indian corporate bond market.
Govt announces Rs. 90 lakh cash reward for Rio Paralympics winners
- The government announced a total cash reward of 90 lakh Rupees for the medal winners of Rio Paralympics. According to an official statement, Gold medal winners, paralympic high jumper Mariyappan Thangavelu and Javelin thrower Devendra Jhajharia will be rewarded with 30 lakh Rupees each. Deepa Malik, who won a silver medal in shotput, will be rewarded 20 lakh Rupees and high jumper Varun Singh Bhati, who won a bronze medal at the Rio games, will be given 10 lakh Rupees.The cash reward will be given by Social Justice and Empowerment Minister Thawar Chand Gehlot under the Awareness Generation and Publicity (AGP) scheme.
Indian women's kabaddi team wins gold in Asian Beach Games
- India bagged their first gold medal at the 5th Asian Beach Games with the women's beach kabaddi team winning the title for the record fifth time in succession in Danang, Vietnam. Indian beat Thailand 41-31 in a hard-fought summit clash at Bien Dong Park. The Indian women's kabaddi team had been winning the gold since the inception of the biennial Games in 2008.
Official emblem for 2017 Fifa U-17 World Cup to held in India unveiled
- The Local Organising Committee of the FIFA U-17 World Cup India 2017 (LOC) unveiled the official emblem for the world cup at Margao, Goa yesterday. The ceremony was attended by FIFA President Gianni Infantino, and Chairman of the LOC and All India Football Federation (AIFF) Praful Patel.
R Ashwin moves to 2nd place in latest ICC test bowler rankings
- India off-spinner R Ashwin today moved to second place in the latest ICC test bowler rankings. Ashwin's match haul of 10 for 225, that helped India notch a 197-run victory in the first Test in Kanpur, saw him overtake England's James Anderson by one point. Ashwin is now within seven points of number-one ranked Dale Steyn of South Africa, who leads the Rankings for Test Bowlers with 878 points.
Source: AIR News