TNPSC Master publishes relevant fact based Current Affairs almost daily basis. In this current affairs helps you and useful for General Awareness part of TNPSC, UPSC, SSC IBPS Banking and other State Public Service Commission examination. TNPSC Master is a compilation of recent current events. In This section is updated almost daily events, Innovation, Achievement, Awards and New Appointments etc.
Latest Current Affairs Contains in following titles:
- Indian Army conducted surgical strikes last night across Line of Control
- PM chairs Cabinet Committee on Security meeting on situation along LoC (Line of Control)
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi's review meeting about Most Favoured Nation status to Pakistan postponed
- Centre to launch Progress Panchayat for all round development & empowerment of minorities
- EC directs States to transfer officers completed 3 yrs to ensure free assembly elections
- Defence Acquisition Council clears proposals worth Rs 1,900 cr
- US: Congress votes to override Barack Obama's veto on 9/11 bill
- US National Security Advisor condemns Uri terrorist attack
- US & Vietnam navies begin 7th annual NEA in Da Nang
Indian Army conducted surgical strikes last night across Line of Control
- Indian Army conducted surgical strikes last night on terror launch pads across the Line of Control. Speaking to media today, Director General of Military Operations Lieutenant General Ranbir Singh said, the motive of the operation was to hit out at the terrorists who were planning to infiltrate into the Indian territory. Lt General Singh informed that significant casualty was caused to terrorists during the operation.
PM chairs Cabinet Committee on Security meeting on situation along LoC (Line of Control)
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi chaired a meeting of Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) in New Delhi today on the situation along the Line of Control. The CCS is the apex decision-making body of the government on all issues pertaining to national security. Finance minister Arun Jaitley, Home minister Rajnath Singh, Defence minister Manohar Parrikar, Army chief Dalbir Singh, Home secretary Rajiv Mehrshi and Foregin secretary S Jaishankar attended the meeting.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi's review meeting about Most Favoured Nation status to Pakistan postponed
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi's review meeting about the Most Favoured Nation (MFN) status to Pakistan has been postponed. The decision to review the MFN came in the wake of the Uri terror attack over which India is weighing options to respond.
Centre to launch Progress Panchayat for all round development & empowerment of minorities
- Centre will launch Progress Panchayat for minorities today to reach out to the minority communities and publicize the various welfare measures taken by the NDA government for their betterment. Minority Affairs Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi will kickstart the programme from Mewat region of Haryana. The programme will be organized in 100 places across the country in the coming days where Union Ministers will interact with people about the several schemes.
EC directs States to transfer officers completed 3 yrs to ensure free assembly elections
- The Election Commission has directed to transfer all officers who have completed three years in a district to ensure a free and fair assembly elections in Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Punjab, Goa and Manipur next year. The commission in an order said that no officer connected with elections, directly or indirectly, should be allowed to continue in the present district of posting if she or he is posted in home district or home district of spouse and has completed three years in that district.
Defence Acquisition Council clears proposals worth Rs 1,900 cr
- The Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) has cleared proposals worth 1,900 crore rupees, including for an electronic warfare system for low intensity conflict in Jammu and Kashmir. An official said, the electronic warfare system is worth 330 crore rupees. The council, chaired by Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar, yesterday also cleared a proposal to buy 405 crore rupees worth of anti-tank guided missiles for training purpose of the army
US: Congress votes to override Barack Obama's veto on 9/11 bill
- US President Barack Obama says the congressional override of his veto on a bill allowing 9/11 lawsuits against Saudi Arabia sets a dangerous precedent. US Congress had voted yesterday to override President Barack Obama's veto of a bill allowing families of 9/11 victims to sue Saudi Arabian officials. In the first veto override of his eight year presidency, the Senate voted 97-1 and the House of Representatives 348-77, turning the bill into a law.
US National Security Advisor condemns Uri terrorist attack
- US National Security Advisor Susan Rice called her Indian counterpart Ajit Doval and condemned the Uri terrorist attack saying the White House expects Pakistan to take effective action to combat and delegitimise UN-designated terrorist groups. Spokesperson of National Security Council Ned Price said that Ambassador Rice reiterated our expectation that Pakistan take effective action to combat and delegitimise United Nations-designated terrorist individuals and entities, including Lashkar-e-Tayyiba, Jaish-e-Muhammad, and their affiliates.
US & Vietnam navies begin 7th annual NEA in Da Nang
- The US and Vietnamese navies have begun the 7th annual Naval Engagement Activity NEA, Vietnam 2016 at Tien Sa Port in Da Nang. The US Navy said in a press release yesterday that the exercise will focus on non-combatant events and include seminars in military medicine and maritime law as well as subject matter expert exchanges in navigation, shipboard medicine and damage control.
Source: AIR News