TNPSC Master publishes relevant fact based Current Affairs almost daily basis. In this current affairs helps you and useful for General Awareness part of TNPSC, UPSC, SSC IBPS Banking and other State Public Service Commission examination. TNPSC Master is a compilation of recent current events. In This section is updated almost daily events, Innovation, Achievement, Awards and New Appointments etc.
Latest Current Affairs Contains in following titles:
- ISRO successfully launches weather satellite SCATSAT-1
- Sushma Swaraj to address UN General Assembly today
- Nirmala Sitharaman to visit Sri Lanka today
- PM chairs meeting to review Indus Water Treaty
- Agriculture Minister inaugurates Krishi Unnati Mela in Mathura
- Govt sets target of toilets in every household by 2019: Tomar
- Union Minister Radha Mohan Singh presents Antyodaya Krishi Puruskars to 22 farmers
- UN lauds India's decision to ratify Paris Climate Agreement
- General Conference of IAEA begins in Vienna
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) successfully launched its satellite SCATSAT-1 for ocean and weather related studies from Sriharikota this morning. Carrying the 377 kg SCATSAT-1 and seven other satellites, India's Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle, PSLV-C35, lifted off from ISRO's first launch pad at the Satish Dhawan Space Centre at 9.12 AM today (26.09.2016).This was the first mission of PSLV in which it launched its payloads into two different orbits. The co-passenger satellites were from the US, Canada and Algeria besides from Indian Universities. This is the 37th flight of the PSLV and the 15th journey in its extended version with solid strap on motors to give it the required additional thrust. This month, this is the second launch for the ISRO.
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj will address the UN General Assembly in New York today. Mrs Swaraj is expected to give a stinging response to Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif's UNGA speech.Outlining India's focus for the UN General Assembly session, New Delhi's envoy to the UN Syed Akbaruddin said terrorism is the primary concern for India as well as for nations across the world. He listed reform of the UN Security Council, sustainable development, climate change and peacekeeping as other priorities for India in the current UNGA session.
- Union Minister of State for Commerce and Industry Nirmala Sitharaman is visiting Sri Lanka from today in a bid to expand bilateral trade relations between the two countries. She is being accompanied by senior ministry officials along with a business delegation.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi today held a meeting in New Delhi to take stock of Indus Water Treaty. NSA Ajit Doval, Principal Secretary to Prime Minister Nripendra Mishra, Foreign Secretary S Jaishankar, Water Resources Secretary Shashi Sekhar and other senior officials briefed Mr Modi on the 56-year old pact. The treaty signed in 1960 by then Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru and then Pakistan President Ayub Khan, allocates 80 per cent of water from the six-river Indus water system to Pakistan.
- Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh inaugurated four days Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay Krishi Unnati Mela - 2016 in Mathura today. Speaking on this occasion, Mr Singh said, during last two years, there was drought like situation in the country but in spite of it food grains production was more than 250 million ton during 2015-16. He said, during these years the production of milk was also record high at 160 million ton in the country. He said that the credit of food grains production goes to new agriculture technique and hard work of farmers.
- Minister of Drinking Water and Sanitation Narendra Tomar today said government has set a target of toilets in every household by 2019. Addressing media at launch of media campaign of Swachh Bharat Week featuring actor Amitabh Bachhan and cricketer Sachin Tendulkar, the Minister said toilets have been made in every household in 85,000 villages of the country. He said 23 districts are now totally free from open defecation. He expressed happiness on the increasing citizen participation in Swachh Bharat Mission. Swachh Bharat Week is being celebrated from 25th September to 2nd October.
- Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh today gave away Antyodaya Krishi Puruskars to 22 farmers for their contribution in the agriculture sector. They were felicitated during a function at the birth place of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay in Mathura. Azma of Telangana has been awarded for conserving old seeds and setting up community seeds bank. As part of the Centenary Celebrations of Deendayal Upadhaya, the Indian Council of Agricultural Research, has instituted Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay Antyodaya Krishi Puruskar at national and zonal levels from this year.
- UN chief, Ban Ki-moon, today lauded India for its swift action over the decision to ratify the Paris pact on climate change. Mr. Ban said he is looking forward to receiving New Delhi's instrument of accession. Prime Minister Narendra Modi yesterday announced in Kerala that India will ratify the Paris climate deal on October 2, the birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.Earlier this month, the US and China, the world's two largest emitters, formally joined the Paris agreement, which was adopted by 195 parties to the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change last December in Paris.A total of 60 countries so far have deposited their instruments of ratification for the agreement, representing more than 47.5 per cent of global greenhouse gas emissions.
- The 60th session of the General Conference of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) opens in Vienna today (26.09.2016). During the week-long session, representatives of 168 countries will discuss prospects of developing nuclear energy. The IAEA General Conference is a platform for discussing strategic issues and holding scientific debates.