TNPSC Master publishes relevant fact based Current Affairs almost daily basis. In this current affairs helps you and useful for General Awareness part of TNPSC, UPSC, SSC IBPS Banking and other State Public Service Commission examination. TNPSC Master is a compilation of recent current events. In This section is updated almost daily events, Innovation, Achievement, Awards and New Appointments etc.
Latest Current Affairs Contains in following titles:
- Air pollution killed 1.4 million Indians in 2013
- India flies 1st operational GSLV using indigenous cryo engine - ISRO
- 8 out of top 10 cleanest districts of rural plains in Maharashtra, West Bengal
- GST amendment gets President nod
- President Pranab Mukherjee gave assent to the Constitution Amendment Bill on goods and
- ISRO chairman A S Kiran Kumar
Air pollution killed 1.4 million Indians in 2013
- India and China accounted for 60% of the 5 million deaths attributed to air pollution in 2013, reports Atul Thakur. While India lost 1.4 million lives, China's toll was 1.6 million, estimates a World Bank report released on Thursday . Even adjusting for population, the two countries are among the 15 with the highest toll per million population.
India flies 1st operational GSLV using indigenous cryo engine - ISRO
- After more than two decades of toiling over the Indian cryogenic engine programme, the Indian Space Research Organisation (Isro) successfully registered the first operational flight of a Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV-F05) using an indigenous cryogenic engine on Thursday on 08.09.2016 evening. India's third exclusive meteorological satellite.
- GSLVF05, powered by the CE-7.engine, lifted off from Sriharikota at 4.50pm 40 minutes behind schedule because of agas leak in the ground circuit.
- About 17 minutes later, the rocket put in orbit INSAT-3DR,
- The thrusters of the 2211kg satellite will be fired from Isro's earth station to move it from a geosynchronous transfer orbit to its final orbit in the next two days.
8 out of top 10 cleanest districts of rural plains in Maharashtra, West Bengal
- Mandi in Himachal Pradesh is the cleanest district followed by Sindhudurg in Maharashtra, according to the first-ever survey of rural areas among 75 shortlisted districts across the country. The survey was conducted by Quality Council of India (QCI) on behalf of sanitation ministry recently covering nearly 70,000 households across 2,530 villages and it was released by drinking water and sanitation minister Narendra Singh Tomar on Thursday . The report has ranked districts under two categories districts in north-east and hill states and districts in plans.
GST amendment gets President nod
- President Pranab Mukherjee gave assent to the Constitution Amendment Bill on goods and services tax (GST) on Thursday , paving the way for the government to constitute the GST council, which will decide the all-important tax rate. With the presidential assent, the government has moved one step forward towards rolling out the new indirect tax regime from April, although finance minister Arun Jaitley has acknowledged that it is an uphill task.
ISRO chairman A S Kiran Kumar