TNPSC Master publishes relevant fact based Current Affairs almost daily basis. In this current affairs helps you and useful for General Awareness part of TNPSC, UPSC, SSC IBPS Banking and other State Public Service Commission examination. TNPSC Master is a compilation of recent current events. In This section is updated almost daily events, Innovation, Achievement, Awards and New Appointments etc.
Latest Current Affairs Contains in following titles:
- Nation celebrates Teacher's Day today
- Assam CM to inaugurate world class library in NIT Silchar
- Indian Embassy in Hanoi sets up grid connected solar energy generation plant
- Immigration: Points-based system not 'silver bullet', says British PM
- Railway budget likely to be presented by Finance Minister by 2017
- Air India Express turns profitable for the first time
- India A wins Quadrangular series; beat Australia by 57 runs
- Newly found fish species named after Obama
Nation celebrates Teacher's Day today
- Teachers' Day is being celebrated throughout the country today. Various programmes in schools and colleges throughout the country are being organised in the honour of teachers who shape the lives of students and show them the path of success. The day is celebrated on the birthday of educationist and former President Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan since 1962.
Assam CM to inaugurate world class library in NIT Silchar
- In Assam, Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal is going to inaugurate a new world class library, ‘Bharat Ratna Dr A P J Abdul Kalam Learning Resource Centre in National Institute of Technology (NIT), Silchar today on 05.09.2016. The library is established with the help of university of Illinois, USA. The library is one of kind in the entire north-eastern region equipped with modern technology and infrastructure.
Indian Embassy in Hanoi sets up grid connected solar energy generation plant
- The Indian Embassy in Hanoi has set up a grid-connected solar energy generation plant in its office building recently. The Indian Ambassador P. Harish told that the plant was set up as per the wishes of Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi to make Indian Missions abroad green. He said that Renewable Energy and Energy Conservation Technology have commercial applications and this step is a fulfillment of the directive of the Prime Minister.
Immigration: Points-based system not 'silver bullet', says British PM
- British Prime Minister, Theresa May has cast doubt on the feasibility of a points-based system for controlling immigration into the UK. During the EU referendum, the Leave campaign promised it backed an Australian-style points system for deciding the number of skilled and unskilled workers who could come to the UK every year from the EU and beyond - with numbers to be determined by MPs.
Railway budget likely to be presented by Finance Minister by 2017
- By 2017, the railway budget is likely to be presented by the Finance Minister in a general way and not separately as a Railway budget. Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu assured this at International Conference on Indian Railways held in Mumbai today on 05.09.2016.
Air India Express turns profitable for the first time
- Air India Express, the low-cost international subsidiary of Air India, has turned profitable for the first time since it started operations in 2005. The airline has made net profit of 361.68 crore rupees in the fiscal year 2015-16 against the loss of Rs. 61 crore registered in the year 2014-15, said an Air India Express release.
India A wins Quadrangular series; beat Australia by 57 runs
- India A today clinched the Quadrangular one-day cricket series, thrashing Australia by 57 runs in the final clash in Mackay, Australia.
- Scientists have named a small maroon and gold fish species, which was discovered 300 feet deep in the waters off Kure Atoll in the Pacific ocean, after U.S. President Barack Obama.
Source: Air News