TNPSC Master publishes relevant fact based Current Affairs almost daily basis. In this current affairs helps you and useful for General Awareness part of TNPSC, UPSC, SSC IBPS Banking and other State Public Service Commission examination. TNPSC Master is a compilation of recent current events. In This section is updated almost daily events, Innovation, Achievement, Awards and New Appointments etc.
Latest Current Affairs Contains in following titles:
- Uri terror attack: NIA registers case; HM reviews security situation in J&K
- India successfully test fires long range surface-to-air Barak-8 missile off Odisha coast
- Govt to build one crore houses by 2019 under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna: Tomar
- Railways launches Yatri Mitra Sewa to help elderly, differently-abled
- Tomar launches drive to clean 10 iconic places at Kamakhya temple in Assam
- 12% growth in Foreign Tourist Arrivals in August
- Govt to announce next set of 27 smart cities today
- Vice President Hamid Ansari returns home after NAM summit
- World leaders adopt breakthrough declaration on refugees at UN
- Two Indians, one Indian-American among 17 UN Young Leaders
- General Debate of 71st UN General Assembly to open in New York tonight
- Putin firms control as ruling party wins landslide victory in Russian election
- Three-day international seafood show in Vizag from Friday
- Govt working hard to implement GST: Cabinet Secretary
- India bags 6 medals on 2nd day of ISSF Junior World Cup
Uri terror attack: NIA registers case; HM reviews security situation in J&K
- The National Investigation Agency (NIA) has registered a case in the Uri terror attack that claimed the lives of 18 soldiers on Sunday. Sources in the agency said, NIA will take the DNA samples of four Jaish-e-Mohammad terrorists who were involved in the attack and later killed.The NIA team, which is in Uri probing the incident, is collecting more details. Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh today again reviewed the security situation in Jammu and Kashmir with top officials, including NSA Ajit Doval and Foreign Secretary S Jaishankar.
India successfully test fires long range surface-to-air Barak-8 missile off Odisha coast
- India today successfully test-fired the most advanced surface-to-air missile 'Barak-8' off the Odisha coast. The long-range nuclear capable ballistic missile, developed jointly with Israel, was launched at 10:13 AM from a mobile launcher at the Integrated Test Range in Chandipur in Balasore district.The 4.5-meter missile weighs around 3 tonnes and can carry a payload of 70 kilograms.
Govt to build one crore houses by 2019 under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna: Tomar
- Union Rural Development Minister Narendra Singh Tomar has said that the Centre has set a target of providing housing to all by 2022. Participating in a conference in Guwahati yesterday, Mr. Tomar said one crore houses will be constructed by 2019 under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna.
Railways launches Yatri Mitra Sewa to help elderly, differently-abled
- In a move to make rail travel comfortable for elderly, differently-abled and ailing travelers, Railways has launched 'Yatri Mitra Sewa' to facilitate access to wheelchairs, battery operated cars and porter services. 'Yatri Mitra' or 'Passenger Friend' can be a an assistant or any other person nominated for the purpose. The service will be available at major railway stations across the country.
Tomar launches drive to clean 10 iconic places at Kamakhya temple in Assam
- Union Rural Development Minister Narendra Singh Tomar and Assam Chief Minister Sarbanand Sonowal have inaugurated a cleanliness drive of Iconic Places at Kamakhya temple in Guwahati under the Swacch Bharat Mission. Addressing the programme, Mr Tomar said, 10 places, including Taj Mahal, Vaishno Devi, Tirupati and Shivaji terminal have been included in the Iconic Place initiative. He said, the target is to provide toilets to all to achieve cleanliness in the country.
12% growth in Foreign Tourist Arrivals in August
- Foreign Tourist Arrivals have registered a growth of around 12 per cent in August this year over the same period last year. The Tourism Ministry, in a release, said, 6 lakh 70,000 foreign tourists arrived during the period. The release said, Bangladesh accounts for highest share of tourist arrivals followed by US and UK. The Ministry said, foreign exchange of around 13,000 crore rupees earned through tourism in August this year.
Govt to announce next set of 27 smart cities today
- Urban Development Minister M Venkaiah Naidu will announce the next set of 27 cities for financing under the Government flagship Smart City Mission today. As per the Misison guidelines, as many as 40 cities have to be announced during this financial year. As the government had already announced 13 cities in May.
Vice President Hamid Ansari returns home after NAM summit
- Vice President Mohammad Hamid Ansari returned home last night after attending the NAM Summit. The 17th summit of the Non Aligned Nations in the Margarita Island of Venezuela was also attended by India’s Permanent Representative to the UN Syed Akbaruddin and Minister of State for External Affairs M J Akbar at the delegation and Ministerial level conferences of the summit. The theme of the summit for the next three years would be Peace, sovereignty and solidarity for the development.
World leaders adopt breakthrough declaration on refugees at UN
- Leaders from 193 countries have adopted a declaration to save lives of over 65 million refugees and migrants and share the responsibility. The 'New York Declaration for Refugees and Migrants' was adopted last night at United Nations General Assembly's first-ever summit on the crisis.
Two Indians, one Indian-American among 17 UN Young Leaders
- Two Indians and an Indian-American are among the 17 people selected for the inaugural class of United Nations Young Leaders for Sustainable Development Goals. They are, Trisha Shetty, Ankit Kawatra and Indian-American Karan Jerath.UN has chosen them for their leadership and contribution to end poverty, fight inequality and injustice, and tackle climate change by 2030. 25-year old Trisha Shetty is the founder and CEO of 'SheSays', a platform she launched last year to educate, rehabilitate and empower women to take direct action against sexual assault in India.
General Debate of 71st UN General Assembly to open in New York tonight
- The General Debate of the 71st United Nations General Assembly opens in New York tonight. 193 member states will participate in the debate which will be the last that UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and US President Barack Obama will attend during their tenures in office. External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj will address the Assembly on the 26th of this month.
Putin firms control as ruling party wins landslide victory in Russian election
- In Russia, President Vladimir Putin cemented his supremacy over Russia's political system when his ruling United Russia party took three quarters of the seats in parliament in a weekend election, paving the way for him to run for a fourth term as President. With most votes counted, United Russia, founded by Putin almost 16 years ago after he first became President, was on track on Monday to win 76 percent of the seats in Russia's Duma, the lower house of parliament, up from just over half in 2011.
Three-day international seafood show in Vizag from Friday
- A 3-day international seafood show will be held in Visakhapatnam from Friday. Themed 'Safe and Sustainable Indian Aquaculture', the event will have participation of 2,000 delegates from India and 200 from abroad. They will discuss technological advances and sustainable practices followed in fisheries capture and culture to ensure quality of seafood for both domestic and export markets.
Government working hard to implement GST: Cabinet Secretary
- Cabinet Secretary P K Sinha on September 17 said that government is working hard to implement the Good and Services Tax from 1st of April next year. Mr Sinha was speaking at the Chief Secretaries' Conclave organised by industry chamber PHD in New Delhi. Terming the GST as a game changer, he said, the GST and other path breaking reforms will be implemented as promised by the government.
India bags 6 medals on 2nd day of ISSF Junior World Cup
- On the second day of the ISSF Junior World Cup at Gabala, Azerbaijan, the Indian junior shooting squad bagged a gold, two silver and three bronze medals. India who won seven medals, including three golds on Day One, now lie second behind Russia in the medal tally with an overall haul of 13 medals.
Source: AIR News