TNPSC Master publishes relevant fact based Current Affairs in English Medium almost daily basis. In this current affairs helps you and useful for General Awareness part of TNPSC, UPSC, SSC IBPS Banking and other State Public Service Commission examination. TNPSC Master is a compilation of recent current events. In This section is updated almost daily events, Innovation, Achievement, Awards and New Appointments etc.
In these current affairs explanation of following Titles
- ISRO to test new engine to carry heavier payload and to test scramjet engine using oxygen
- Centre plans new taxi policy to regulate fares, improve cab availability
- 5MW solar plant to power Tuticorin port
- Tulu Sahitya Academy announces awards
- U.S. President Barack Obama creates world's largest marine protected area
ISRO to test new engine to carry heavier payload and to test scramjet engine using oxygen
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) on Sunday (28.08.2016) will conduct a five-minute flight to test a scramjet engine it has developed at the Satish Dhawan Space Centre, Sriharikota. Unlike conventional rocket engines which carry both fuel and oxidizer, the scramjet engine with its air-breathing propulsion technology will forcefully compress atmospheric oxygen, when the rocket is at supersonic speed, reports Tejonmayam.During the experiment in SDSC at around 8.30am, the scramjet engine, affixed to a two-stage RH-560 sounding rocket developed in the 1970s, will be ignited at an altitude of 20 km and allowed to burn fuel for five seconds before the rocket falls into the Bay of Bengal.
Centre plans new taxi policy to regulate fares, improve cab availability
- The central government will come out with a policy on taxi operators including aggregators such as Uber and Ola in the next two months. This is likely to put an end to several controversies as it will detail the fare fixation mechanism and how to calculate the distance travelled. Apart from central and state transport department representatives, the new panel has members from both IT ministry and Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB). These members have been incorporated as per court direction. IT ministry's input will be crucial in addressing issues of aggregators and use of technology to calculate distance while CPCB's role is critical as the availability of more taxis will help reduce demand of private vehicles and reduce pollution, said a Central government source. The Delhi HC will hear the case on November 21.
5MW solar plant to power Tuticorin port
- As part of the `Green Port Initiatives' of the ministry of shipping, VO Chidambaranar Port at Tuticorin has signed a memorandum of understanding with the Solar Energy Corporation of India to set up a 5MW direct grid-connected solar power plant at the port premises.The MoU was recently signed by the chairman of the port trust, S Anantha Chandra Bose, and managing director of Solar Energy Corporation of India, Ashvini Kumar, in the presence of the secretary to Government of India, ministry of new & renewable energy , Upendra Tripathy . The plant will be established under power purchase mode, port trust sources said.
Tulu Sahitya Academy announces awards
- Yakshagana artiste Betha Kunha Kulal (73) of Bantwal is among the three persons who have been chosen for the honorary award of Karnataka Tulu Sahitya Academy for 2015. The other two are 67-year-old Bhootaradhane artiste Koti Parava of Puttur and writer Indira Hegde (also 67) of Bengaluru.
U.S. President Barack Obama creates world's largest marine protected area
- U.S. President Barack Obama on Friday (26.08.2016) expanded a national monument off the coast of Hawaii, creating what will be the world’s largest marine protected area.
Courtesy: The Times of India / The Hindu